poetry prize: Olivet College

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2012
      46h Annual Abbie M. Copps Poetry Prize

      The contest is open to emerging and established poets. Previous judges have included Donald Hall, W.D. Snodgrass, Robert Bly, Denise Levertov, and Gary Snyder. The deadline for this year's contest is Oct. 31, 2012.

      ++Grand Prize: $200 and publication in the 2013 Garfield Lake Review (2 copies)
      ++Honorable Mention(s): publication in the 2013 Garfield Lake Review (1 copy)

      Judge for the 2012 prize: Mary Jo Firth Gillett

      Please review the following guidelines before submitting at

      http://garfieldlakereview.submittable.com/submit

      Submit only unpublished poems, 100 lines or less.
      Submit each poem as a single document: we intend to judge individual poems, not a body of work.
      Do not include any personal information on the poems themselves: the submission manager will track your work and allow us to keep the judging process anonymous. Olivet College faculty will select a short-list for the final judge.
      There is a $5.00 per poem entry fee (no limit on the number of entries): we are only accepting online entries and online payments this year. Once you have finished submitting all of your poems, please pay your entry fee through Olivet College’s online payment web site at https://commerce.cashnet.com/olivetstorefront
      Poems and entry fees must be submitted on the same day. Poems submitted without entry fees will be deleted from the submission manager unread.

      The winner (and honorable mentions) will be announced at a public reading by our judge at Olivet College on Thursday, November 15. Additional information is available at http://garfieldlakereview.submittable.com/submit