residency via Artsmith seeks applicants

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10 1:22 PM
      Subject: artist residency: Artsmith

      The application period for the 2013 Artsmith Artist Residency is open until October 1, 2012. Each year Artsmith’s Peer Review Panel selects up to five Artist Residency Fellows to be our guests for a one-week interdisciplinary residency for artists, scholars, and writers to have focused time to create new works. The 2013 residency will take place February 1-8 at the Kangaroo House Bed & Breakfast on Orcas Island in Washington State's San Juan Islands. As guests of Artsmith and Kangaroo House, Fellows enjoy private rooms and baths, continental breakfast, and access to the inn's amenities, including wireless internet connectivity and garden hot tub. Due to health department restrictions, we cannot provide access to the kitchen; however, a small refrigerator, microwave, electric kettle, dishes, glasses, and flatware are available. Fellows provide their own travel, other meals, and incidentals. Please note that Artsmith does not have studio space for visual artists, although day use of a cottage overlooking President’s Channel has been donated for the use of one artist working on small to medium format works with non-toxic media. For more details on the residency, and to apply, please go to http://orcasartsmith.org/residencies.html