call for submissions: So to Speak

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2012
      So to Speak: a feminist journal of language and art is now accepting submissions for our Spring 2013 Issue! This issue will feature our poetry and nonfiction contest winners, as well as fiction and visual art.

      Submissions will be accepted from August 15-October 15 through our online submissions manager at

      http://sotospeak.submishmash.com/submit

      Full submission guidelines are available at http://sotospeakjournal.org/

      We are excited to announce that the contest judge for the Spring 2013 Poetry Contest will be Danielle Pafunda, and the judge for the Spring 2013 Nonfiction Contest will be Julie Marie Wade. Winners will receive prize money and publication, and finalists will also be published. The contest entry fee of $15 will include a free copy of the Spring 2013 issue for all entrants.

      So to Speak, founded in 1993 by an editorial collective of women MFA candidates at George Mason University, has served as a space for feminist writing and art for nearly 20 years. So to Speak publishes poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and visual art that live up to a high standard of language, form, and meaning. We look for work that addresses issues of significance to women’s lives and movements for women’s equality and are especially interested in pieces that explore issues of race, class, and sexuality in relation to gender.

      We look forward to reading your work!
      -The So to Speak Staff <sts(at)gmu.edu> (replace (at) with @)
      sts@...

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2014
        So to Speak: A Feminist Journal of Language and Art is now open for submissions. Additionally, our nonfiction contest judged by Jennifer Percy and our poetry contest are open for submissions. Winners will receive $500, publication in the journal, and two copies of the journal.
        Submissions should be sent electronically through Submittable and will be accepted until October 15.
        Check out our guidelines here: http://sotospeakjournal.org/submit/

        So to Speak welcomes both new and established writers of all genders, writing about all topics. We are looking for strong, artistic work that is asks questions, inspires, takes risks, and promotes reflection.