poetry and fiction contest: A River & Sound Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2012
      A River & Sound Review, an online journal associated with the Rainier Writing Workshop (one of the top 25 low-res MFA programs as listed in the most current issue of Poets & Writers), is now accepting submissions for their annual poetry and fiction contests.

      Our poetry contest judge is none other than Traci Brimhall, author of "Rookery," winner of the Crab Orchard Series in Poetry First Book Award and "Our Lady of the Ruins," winner of the Barnard Women Poets Prize. Our fiction contest judge is Rebecca Makkai, whose first novel "The Borrower" was published by Viking Press and is a Booklist Top Ten Debut, an Indie Next pick, an O Magazine selection (yes, THAT O Magazine), and one of Chicago Magazine's choices for best fiction of 2011.

      You want validation as a writer? Win this contest; it will rain validation...not to mention publication and $500.

      And to give you the inside scoop we have exactly one contest submission for two genres right now. That's right, you read that correctly. One submission. Which means said submitter has 100% chance of winning right now. Let's be honest - that ain't right. Our judges won't even have to read the submission. Also, if you enter right now, you have a really good shot at of at least being a finalist (we also have a really good shot at going bankrupt if you don't).

      For more contest details ($15 entry fee, no previously published work, etc.), visit us here:

      http://riverandsoundreview.org/contests/contests.htm

      Thank you, and we look forward to seeing your best!

      As sincerely as we can get,
      A River & Sound Review, www.riverandsoundreview.org