poetry contest: Potomac Review

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2007
      Poetry Contest: Potomac Review

      The Potomac Review announces the return of the annual poetry contest.  We are
      now accepting submissions (through 2/1/08).  Guidelines: mail up to 3 poems a
      long with $20 reading fee payable to Potomac Review. All entrants will receive
      a one-year (2 issues) subscription to the Potomac Review.  Put author's name
      and address on the cover letter only. Include a cover letter (including
      contact info and names of poems), and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) for
      contest results. Entries will not be returned.  All poems must be typed and
      previously unpublished; no name or address should appear on the poems
      themselves.  Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but please note this in your cover
      letter and notify us immediately of acceptance elsewhere. Deadline: Postmarked
      by February 1, 2008.  Winners announced April 15th, 2008.  The winning poem
      will appear in the summer 2008 issue (#44) of Potomac Review. Note: Only the
      1st prize entry will be published in the journal.  The second place poem will be
      published on the Potomac Review website. Semifinalists will be listed on the
      website.  Manuscripts that do not follow contest guidelines will be
      disqualified.  Visit website for complete guidelines and updates:
      http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/potomacreview/pcsubmissionguidelines.html

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 24, 2008
        The Potomac Review has extended the poetry contest submission deadline to
        March 1st.

        We have also increased the 1st prize award to $300.
        Send up to 3 poems along with $20 reading fee payable to Potomac Review.
        All entrants will receive a one-year (2 issues) subscription to the Potomac
        Review. We look forward to your submissions.

        For further info, please visit:
        http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/potomacreview/pcsubmissionguidelines.html

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 15, 2009
          Potomac Review is changing their Poetry Contest First Prize money from $500 to
          $1,000. Second Prize and Third Prize are still $250 and $125, and the entry fee
          is $18. All entrants receive a one-year (2 issues) subscription to Potomac
          Review. Send up to 3 unpublished poems (5 pages max). Deadline is February 1st.

          We are also offering one more wrinkle to our contests: you can submit your poems
          electronically. Under the genre on our online submission website, choose
          "contest." You will still have to send us the entry fee through snail mail to be
          considered for the prize contest. Check our website for guidelines. The final
          judge will be Nancy Naomi Carlson, an editor for Tupelo Press and an instructor
          at The Writer's Center in Bethesda.

          Online submission is at www.montgomerycollege.edu/potomacreview and click on
          "Submit Electronically."

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2009
            Potomac Review Poetry Contest
            Potomac Review has $1000 for you! (If you're a poet.)
            $1000 Prize given to the winning poem (and poet). Second place receives $250.
            Winning Poem will be published in an upcoming issue.
            Second place will receive online or print publication; semifinalist will be announced on our website and considered for publication.
            All entrants receive a free one year subscription (valued at $20!).
            $20 entry fee.
            Deadline: February 1st
            http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/potomacreview/poetry-contest-announce-fall-09.html

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 22, 2010
              The deadline for Potomac Review's biennial Poetry Contest is drawing near. Winning poet receives $1,000 and publication. Second place takes home $250 and publication. All entries will be considered for publication and given a one year subscription. Published poems will appear in our Best American Series recognized journal, next to Elizabeth Spires, David Wagoner, and other great poets we've published.

              Finalists will be announced two weeks after our Feb. 1st deadline. For more info, see our guidelines or read below.

              Send up to 3 poems (up to 6 pages) along with $20 reading fee payable to Montgomery College/Potomac Review. All entrants will receive a one-year (2 issues) subscription to the Potomac Review.

              Online submissions are accepted at <http://www.potomacreview.org/prsp/>by submitting under the genre "contest," although your entry fee will still have to be received through the mail.

              Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but please note this in your cover letter and notify us immediately of acceptance elsewhere.

              Contest deadline is February 1, 2010.

              Winners announced February 15, 2010.

              The winning poem will appear in the upcoming issue of Potomac Review.

              The second place poem will be published on the Potomac Review website. Semifinalists will be listed on the website and considered for online and print publication.