call for submissions: Ayris

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2012
      Ayris (pronunced "iris") is a literary magazine edited by undergraduate students at the New Hampshire Institute of Art in Manchester, NH. We are looking for high quality poetry, prose, and visual art from everywhere!

      Submissions to Ayris are read between August 1 and December 1 of each year. We will return, unread, anything submitted outside of this reading period. Please limit yourself to one (1) submission per genre/per reading period.Multiple submissions will be withdrawn unread.

      We are looking for a wide variety of styles, forms, and approaches, both traditional and experimental. We will consider the work of poets, fiction writers, and creative nonfiction writers, as well as visual artists. We publish both emerging and established authors and artists based on the quality of the work we receive, so please send us your best.

      Limit poetry submissions to five (5) poems, fiction/non-fiction pieces to 8,000 words and visual art to five (5) pieces per medium. Simultaneous submissions are accepted with the understanding that you will notify us if your work is accepted elsewhere. We do not consider previously published works.

      Ayris pays contributors one (1) copy of the issue in which their work is published.

      Please use our online submission manager at Submittable: http://ayris.submittable.com/submit

      We will not accept emailed submissions, but will take questions at <ayris(at)nhia.edu> (replace (at) with @).

      For more general Ayris information, visit our Tumblr: http://ayrismag.tumblr.com/.