call for submissions: Little Patuxent Review

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 28, 2012
      Between belief and disbelief, certainty and uncertainty, trust and distrust lies doubt. Join us in this intriguing gray area as we prepare Little Patuxent Review's Winter 2013 issue. The submission period ends November 1, 2012.

      Little Patuxent Review is a community-based publication focused on writers and artists from the Mid-Atlantic region, but all excellent work originating in the United States will be considered.

      Submit one piece of fiction, non-fiction or creative non-fiction up to a maximum of 3500 words in length or one to three poems. Full submission guidelines at

      http://littlepatuxentreview.org/submissions/

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 18, 2013

        Little Patuxent Review is accepting submissions of poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and artwork for the Winter 2014 SCIENCE issue, guest edited by Lalita Noronha. Featured interviews will include Nobel Prize winning astrophysicist John C. Mather and poet/biologist Myra Sklarew. With our SCIENCE issue, we challenge you to write with your most exacting eye, your most dogged pursuit of truth, and, of course, your utmost imagination. After all, it takes sensitivity and clarity to observe as Thomas Huxley did, “Science and literature are not two things, but two sides of one thing.”

        We are looking for fiction, in particular, with unexpected connections to our SCIENCE theme.

        Submit one fiction piece of up to 5000 words, one nonfiction -- creative nonfiction or essay -- piece of up to 3500 words, or a maximum of three poems. Full submission guidelines are at: http://littlepatuxentreview.org/submissions/

        Deadline: November 1, 2013

        Submissions re-open December 1 - March 1 for LPR's first open issue.

        Laura Shovan
        Editor
        Little Patuxent Review
        6012 Jamina Downs
        Columbia, MD 21045

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 18, 2014
          Little Patuxent Review is accepting submissions of poetry, fiction,
          creative nonfiction, and artwork for the Summer 2014 Open issue,
          co-edited by Laura Shovan and Steven Leyva. The issue will include an
          interview with David Byrne and a profile of artist Lee Boot.

          This is LPR’s first unthemed issue, so write with abandon, occupy your
          imagination, and send us your best writing. The poet Bei Dao wrote,
          “Freedom is nothing but the distance / between the hunter and the
          hunted.” LPR’s Open issue provides the freedom; tell us what passions,
          obsessions, and themes you are hunting, or are hunting you.

          You may submit one fiction piece of up to 5000 words, one non-fiction
          piece of up to 3500 words, or a maximum of three poems.

          Full submission guidelines are at:
          http://littlepatuxentreview.org/submissions/

          Reading period: December 2013 to March 1, 2014.

          Laura Shovan
          Editor
          Little Patuxent Review
          6012 Jamina Downs
          Columbia, MD 21045
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4, 2014

            Little Patuxent Review is accepting submissions of poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and artwork for the Winter 2015 Food issue. How many tongues can you access through the language of food? How many minutes could you commune with a family at a foreign table, supported with the language of food? LPR seeks a variety of takes on the theme, from the broad issues, places, and people that “feed” you, to the ground level stories and poems that mark your daily interactions with food. Send LPR your most full bellied work because, as Virginia Woolf suggests, “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”

            Submissions will be open until November 1, 2014. Please note: Our new editor is Steven Leyva. Laura Shovan has moved into the role of Poetry Editor. Address fiction submissions to Jen Grow and non-fiction to Emily Rich.

            Full submission guidelines are available at: http://littlepatuxentreview.org/submissions/
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 20

              Little Patuxent Review is seeking non-fiction submissions for its upcoming un-themed issue. Reading period closes March 1.

              Little Patuxent Review is also welcomes poetry and fiction submissions for the same period.