poet seeks poems about TV for anthology

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2012
      Dear Poetry Colleague:

      I'd like to invite you to contribute work to an anthology of television poems that I'm editing. Poets Wear Prada, a NJ-based press, is the publisher. We're projecting release in 2013.

      Contributors to date include Billy Collins, Dorianne Laux, Ron Padgett and David Trinidad.

      There are anthologies of movie poems and music poems. As far as I've been able to determine, there are no anthologies of poetry about a medium that has affected our language, our perceptions of the world, our politics, our economy, our opinions, and our tastes and interests.

      If this project interests you, please sen d up to three poems, five pages maximum, to <tvpoems(at)yahoo.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending email). The deadline is Sept. 30. Previously published work is eligible, as long as you retain the rights.

      Information about me is available at www.joelallegretti.com.

      Please don't send work on the following topics, as I've already accepted poems covering them:

      People and Characters

      Bob Hope

      Philo Farnsworth, pioneer in the development of TV

      Judge Judy

      Ernie Kovacs

      Lassie

      Ozzie and Harriet and their sons

      Alan Freed

      Topo Gigio

      Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner

      Jerry Lewis

      Freddie Prinze

      St. Clare of Assisi, patron saint of television

      Rocky and Bullwinkle

      Captain Kangaroo

      Paris Hilton

      Mr. Rogers

      Lawrence Welk

      Specific Shows

      The Tonight Show

      Pan Am

      Three's Company

      The Prisoner

      The A-Team

      Jeopardy

      Gilligan's Island

      The < st1:sn w:st="on">Addams Family

      Dark Shadows

      ER

      The X-Files

      I Love Lucy

      My So-Called Life

      Star Trek

      The Honeymooners

      The Dick Van Dyke Show

      The Brady Bunch

      The Newlywed Game

      Jersey Shore< o:p>

      Peyton Place

      Wheel of Fortune

      Breaking Bad

      Cold Case

      Criminal Minds

      Twin Peaks

      The Twilight Zone

      One Step Beyond

      The Outer Limits

      Bonanza

      Wild Kingdom

      Law and Order

      The Munsters

      Other

      Influence of TV on our lives

      The introduction of TV

      Early TV

      Commercial breaks during televised sports

      TV football

      National and local news/reports of war

      Shampoo commercials

      Laugh track

      1984 Apple Super Bowl commercial

      Commercials for laundry detergent

      Local cable access

      Evangelical religious programming

      Emergency test

      Puerto Rican soap operas

      Cop reality shows

      Remote control

      Disney and Hanna-Barbera cartoons

      Summer Olympics

      Miss America

      I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

      Yours truly,

      Joel Allegretti