adolescence issue (deadline extended): Crab Orchard Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2007
      DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL NOVEMBER 30, 2007. THIS IS A POSTMARK DEADLINE,
      SO THERE IS NO NEED TO EXPRESS MAIL, OVERNIGHT, OR FAX ANY SUBMISSION.
      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW DOES NOT CONSIDER ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS AT ANY
      TIME, SO PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL YOUR SUBMISSION. THANK YOU.--

      Special Issue: The In-Between Age ~
      Writers on Adolescence

      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW is seeking work for our Summer/Fall 2008 issue focusing
      on writing inspired or informed by the experiences, observations, and/or
      cultural
      and historical possibilities of the following topic: “The In-Between Age ~
      Writers on
      Adolescence.” We are open to work that covers any of the multitude of ways
      that the
      transition from childhood to adulthood in the teenage years defines us and,
      in turn,
      defines the world we live in.

      All submissions should be original, unpublished poetry, fiction, or literary
      nonfiction
      in English or unpublished translations in English (we do run bilingual,
      facing-page
      translations whenever possible). Please query before submitting any
      interview.

      For guidelines, check our Web site at <
      http://www.siu.edu/~crborchd/guid2.html>.

      Mail submissions to:

      Jon Tribble, Managing Editor
      CRAB ORCHARD REVIEW
      Adolescence issue
      Faner 2380, Mail Code 4503
      Southern Illinois University Carbondale
      1000 Faner Drive
      Carbondale, IL 62901
      United States of America

      The submission period for this issue is August 1, 2007 through November 30,
      2007. We will be reading submissions throughout this period and hope to
      complete
      the editorial work on the issue by mid-February. Writers whose work is
      selected will
      receive $20 (US) per magazine page ($50 minimum for poetry; $100 minimum for
      prose), two copies of the issue, and a year’s subscription. If you have
      already sent work
      for publication consideration for this special issue, pleas do not send more
      work until
      after you have received a decision on the first submission you sent.