anthology seeks works about the contemporary cowboy

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2012
      Western Press Books is now accepting poems, stories, and creative
      nonfiction for the next anthology in our series, Manifest West. This
      year we're calling for submissions of literary work based on the theme
      of the contemporary cowboy (or cowpoke, if one wishes to use the
      gender-neutral term). This includes but is not limited to the
      following cowboy/cowpoke variations, breeds, and assorted stereotypes:

      the modern day working cowboy
      the rodeo cowboy
      the urban cowboy
      the weekend warrior cowboy
      the arena riding cowboy
      the investing-in-ranchland cowboy
      the wheeler-and-dealer-at-every-auction-sale cowboy
      the country music star cowboy
      the I-played-cowboys-and-Indians-as-a-kid cowboy

      In addition to focusing on the cowpoke in all her/his glory, remember
      that our anthology series features literary writing with a distinct
      Western regional flavor, so that element should be present in your
      submission. Please send one submission per author at a time. We will
      accept up to five poems, as well as essays or stories up to 7,000
      words. We will also consider previously published works, but prefer
      unpublished pieces. Authors selected for the anthology will receive
      one contributors' copy in payment for your work.

      Submissions will be accepted from August 20th 2012, through February
      20th, 2013, at our Submittable web site:

      http://westernstatepress.submittable.com/submit

      If you have any questions regarding the anthology, please contact
      Teresa Milbrodt, editor of Western Press Books, at <tmilbrodt(at)western.edu>
      (replace (at) with @ in sending email)
      tmilbrodt@...