poetry contest: Naugatuck River Review

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2012
      Less than 2 weeks left to submit to Naugatuck River Review’s 4th Annual NARRATIVE POETRY CONTEST

      Contest Deadline: September 1st at midnight

      First prize is $1000 and publication in NRR
      Second prize $250 and publication in NRR
      Third prize of $100 and publication in NRR

      All poems will be considered for publication. Contest deadline is September 1st, 2012 at midnight.

      Electronic submissions ONLY will be accepted through our Submission Manager.
      $20 contest fee per group of 3 poems, payable through PAYPAL or credit card.

      GO TO OUR CONTEST PAGE (AFTER JULY FIRST) TO SUBMIT at

      http://naugatuckriverreview.com/contest

      Judge for 4th Annual Contest: Pam Uschuk

      Called by The Bloomsbury Review “one of the most insightful and spirited poets today,” Pamela Uschuk is the author of several volumes of poetry, including: the award-winning Finding Peaches in the Desert, One-Legged Dancer, Scattered Risks, Crazy Love and Wild in the Plaza of Memory (all published by Wings Press) and Without the Comfort of Stars (Sampark Press, New Delhi and London). Crazy Love received the 2010 American Book Award. Scattered Risks was nominated for both a Pulitzer Prize and the 2005 Zacharias Poetry Award (nomination by Ploughshares). Joy Harjo and other musicians joined Uschuk on a CD of Finding Peaches in the Desert. The author of numerous chapbooks, her work has appeared in well over two hundred fifty journals and anthologies, including Agni Review, Calyx, Future Cycles, Nimrod, Parabola, Parnassus Review, Pequod, Ploughshares, Poetry, O Taste and See, 48 Younger American Poets, etc.

      All poems will be considered for publication.
      Contest deadline is September 1st, 2010.
      Electronic submissions ONLY will be accepted through our Submission Manager.
      $20 contest fee per group of 3 poems, payable through PAYPAL or credit card.

      Naugatuck River Review is dedicated to publishing great narrative poetry. We are open to many styles of poetry, looking for narrative that sings, which means the poem has a strong emotional core and the narrative is compressed. There is a 50 line limit. We publish twice a year, Winter and Summer. The Winter issue is the contest edition.