poetry contest: OuterMost Poetry Prize

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2012
      Provincetown OuterMost Poetry Prize is open for submissions until our deadline of Dec. 1, 2012. $1,200 in prizes. Guest Judge MARGE PIERCY. Send 5 pages of your best unpublished poetry, any style, any length, any subject matter, and $15 submission fee w/ check made out to: OuterMost Community Radio w/ Poetry Contest written in the memo line of the check. You may enter more than once, but include a$15 submissions check per 5 pages submitted. Your name is not to appear on the poems, include a cover letter w/ name, contact info & title of poems. $1,000 National Prize to best poem, $200 Regional Prize to best poem by a Cape Cod based poet. All entries eligible for National Prize, no poet may win both Prizes in the same year. Mail all entries to: WOMR 92.1 FM Outermost Community Radio, attention: Joe Gouveia, PO Box 975, 494 Commercial Street, Provincetown, MA 02657

      For more info email <CapePoet(at)yahoo.com> (replace (at) with @)

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 23, 2013
        Provincetown 2nd Annual OuterMost Poetry Prize -Deadline Dec. 10, 2013. Guest Judge MARGE PIERCY. Send 5 pages of your best poetry.
        Description
        2nd Annual Provincetown OuterMost Poetry Prize - Deadline of Dec. 10, 2013. Guest Judge: MARGE PIERCY. 2 categories, National and Regional. Send 5 pages of your best unpublished poetry.

        In our 2012 contest Marge Piercy chose National winner Jeff Streeby of Yucaipa, CA and Regional winner Lauren Wolk of Yarmouth, MA.

        DEADLINE: Tuesday, Dec. 10 postmark. Judge: MARGE PIERCY. $1,200 in prizes. $1,000 to National winner and $200 to a Regional, Cape Cod-based poet. No poet may win both categories in the same year. Send 5 pages of your best unpublished poetry, any style, any length, any subject matter, and $15 submission fee w/ check made out to: “OuterMost Community Radio” w/ "Poetry Contest" written in the memo line of the check. You may enter more than once, but include a $15 submissions check per 5 pages submitted. All poems MUST be typed. Your name is not to appear anywhere on or in the poems. Include a cover letter w/ name, contact info (email and mailing address, we will only telephone results to category winners) & title of poems. Winners and those who place in the Top 50 poems announced on our FaceBook page www.facebook.com/OuterMostPoetryPrize
        and announced via email. Those preferring snail mail announcements must provide SASE.

        Mail all entries to: WOMR 92.1 FM Outermost Community Radio, attention: Joe Gouveia, poetry contest, PO Box 975, Provincetown, MA 02657

        Finalists announced in Jan. win a guaranteed spot on WOMR-FM's Poets Corner Radio Show. Winners of cash prizes for Best National poem & Best Regional poem announced in March.

        For more info email Joe Gouveia @
        CapePoetATyahooDOTcom
        Or visit us on online at:https://www.facebook.com/OuterMostPoetryPrize