prose contest: Seven Hills Literary Contest

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2012
      http://sevenhillsreview.submittable.com/submit

      Seven Hills Contest, 2012

      The Seven Hills Literary Contest is in its seventeenth year. The contest is sponsored by the Tallahassee Writers Association. The contest is open to all, and over the years we have had winners from nearly every state and even some international entries.

      Winners are published in The Seven Hills Review the following year, usually by the end of January. We made our first Pushcart Prize nomination in 2010. Congratulations to Gale Massey of St. Petersburg, FL.

      All judging is blind by professional, published authors.

      PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS ON THE MANUSCRIPTS YOU UPLOAD. Names or identifying information disqualify your manuscript.

      Seven Hills Prose Contest Rules
      Upload Deadline: Aug. 31, 2012 (Firm)
      Contest does not accept work previously published or having received awards in other
      competitions. Notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.

      Win cash, publication, and recognition!
      • $100 first place winners, $75 second, and $50 third
      • Plus publication in the Seven Hills Review
      Contest Categories
      • Short Story 2,500 word maximum, any genre.
      • Creative Nonfiction 2,500 word maximum. Submissions in this genre could include (but are not limited to) memoir, food or travel writing, personal essays, new journalism, biography, nonfiction stories, and nature writing. The emphasis in creative nonfiction is on factually true yet elegant literary expression.
      • Children's Chapter Books, for ages 6-12, with 2,500 word maximum. Submit a synopsis of the chapter book (100 words or less) along with a representative excerpt of 2,500 words. (Note: We offer children’s picture book competition in alternate years.)
      • Flash Fiction, 500 word maximum, any genre.

      Detailed guidelines and criteria for each category may be found at www.tallahasseewriters.net.

      Winners will be notified and posted on the TWA website by Nov. 30, 2012. www.tallahasseewriters.net