fiction/poetry contest: Meridian

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2007
      Meridian's 2007 Editors' Prize Contest is open!  Each year, we award a $1000
      prize in both Fiction and Poetry.  The winning entries in each category will
      be featured in the Spring/Summer 2007 Issue of Meridian.  The entry fee is only
      $16 and includes a one-year (2-issue) subscription to Meridian for US-based
      subscribers (international subscribers will receive only the prize issue due to
      increased mailing costs).  This is a great way to subscribe to Meridian (or
      extend your existing subscription), take a shot at $1000, and maybe see your
      work in print, all at the same time.  We consider contest entries for regular
      publication at the same time, so even if you don't win the prize your writing
      may still appear in Meridian.

      This year's contest will be the first one run through our new online
      submission system.  It requires a one-time sign-up, and thereafter it will store your
      contact info so you don't ever have to enter it again.  It does not store your
      credit card information.  The new system should also simplify the process of
      checking the status of your entry (though all results for Editor's Prize
      contest will be announced in March 2008). To sign up (and enter the contest),
      visit:

      http://www.manuscripthub.com/users/?submag=3

      If you have any problems with the new system, please let us know.  This
      year's deadline is midnight on December 20th, 2007.  Further details are available
      on our website:

      http://www.readmeridian.org/contest