poetry chapbook contest: Concrete Wolf

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 4, 2007
      2007 Concrete Wolf Poetry Chapbook Contest

      Postmark Deadline: December 1, 2007
      Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook
      Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf
      Final Judge: Janet Norman Knox

      We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook about a
      divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention a shade of blue). We like
      a collection that feels more like a whole than a sampling of work. We have no
      preference as to formal or free verse.  Excellence of any style gets our
      attention.

      Submission Guidelines

      16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgments (if
      applicable).
      Number all your poetry pages.
      Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including email
      and phone), and one with title only.
      Reading Fee: $20 (US funds), checks payable to Concrete Wolf.
      SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.
      Include a 6.5” by 9.5” envelope stamped with $1.82 postage  if you’d like a
      copy of the winning chapbook.

      Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay.  Please notify us by email if you
      need to remove your chapbook from consideration. e-mail:
      ConcreteWolf(at)yahoo.com (replace (at) with @).

      Winner will be announced in February 2008 and published late Summer 2008.

      If you need additional info visit http://ConcreteWolf.com.

      For copies of our previous publications, see our publications page.

      Mail to:

      Concrete Wolf
      PO Box 788
      Kirkland, WA 98083-0788

      (Please note this is a new address.)

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 15, 2007
        2007 Chapbook Contest

        Postmark Deadline: December 1, 2007

        Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook

        Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

        Final Judge: Janet Norman Knox

        We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook about a divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention the color blue). We like a collection that feels more like a whole than a sampling of work. We have no preference as to formal or free verse. We probably slightly favor lyric and narrative poetry to language and concrete, but excellent examples of any style get our attention.

        Submission Guidelines

        16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgements (if applicable).

        Please number all your pages.

        Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including email and phone), and one just with the title.

        Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

        SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.

        Include a 6.5" by 9.5" postage-paid envelope stamped with $1.82 postage, if you'd like a copy of the winning chapbook.

        Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay. Notify us by email if you need to remove your chapbook from consideration.

        Winner will be announced in February 2008 and published Summer 2008.

        Let us know if you need additional info: concretewolf(at)yahoo.com (replace (at) with @)

        Mail to:

        Concrete Wolf
        PO Box 788
        Kirkland, WA 98083

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 3, 2008
          2008 Chapbook Contest

          http://concretewolf.com/current/contest.htm

          Postmark Deadline: November 3, 2008

          Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook

          Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

          Final Judge: Elizabeth Austen

          We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook about a divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention the color blue). We like a collection that feels more like a whole than a sampling of work. We have no preference as to formal or free verse. We probably slightly favor lyric and narrative poetry to language and concrete, but excellent examples of any style get our attention.

          Submission Guidelines

          16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgements (if applicable).

          Please number all your pages.

          Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including email and phone), and one just with the title.

          Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

          SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.

          Include a 6.5" by 9.5" postage-paid envelope stamped with $1.99 postage, if you'd like a copy of the winning chapbook.

          Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay. Notify us by email if you need to remove your chapbook from consideration.

          Winner will be announced in February 2009 and published Summer 2009.

          Let us know if you need additional info: concretewolf(at)yahoo.com (replace (at) with @)

          Mail to:

          Concrete Wolf
          PO Box 1808
          Kingston, WA 98346

          Please note this is a new address.

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 6, 2008
[...]

            For a copies of our previous publications, see our publications page.

            Mail to:

            Concrete Wolf
            PO=2
            0Box 1808
            Kingston, WA 98346

            Please note this is a new address.

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 31, 2009
              2009 Chapbook Contest

              http://concretewolf.com/current/contest.htm

              Postmark Deadline: November 30, 2009

              Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook

              Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

              Final Judge: Jeannine Hall Gailey

              We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook about a divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention the color blue). We like a collection that feels more like a whole than a sampling of work. We have no preference as to formal or free verse.

              Submission Guidelines

              16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgements (if applicable).

              Please number all your pages.

              Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including email and phone), and one just with the title.

              Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

              SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.

              Include a 6 by 9 postage-paid envelope stamped with $2.10 postage, if you'd like a copy of the winning chapbook.

              Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay. Notify us by email if you need to remove your chapbook from consideration.

              Winner will be announced in February 2010 and published Fall 2010.

              Let us know if you need additional info: <concretewolf(at)yahoo.com> (replace (at) with @)

              For a copies of our previous publications, see our publications page:

              http://concretewolf.com/publications/publications.htm

              Mail to:

              Concrete Wolf
              PO Box 1808
              Kingston, WA 98346

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 19 7:27 AM
[...]

                2

                Concrete Wolf

                PO Box 1808

                Kingston, WA 98346

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
                  2010 Concrete Wolf Poetry Chapbook Contest
                  http://ConcreteWolf.com
                  Postmark Deadline: November 30, 2010
                  Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook
                  Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.
                  Final Judge: James Bertolino http://JamesBertolino.com

                  James Bertolino’s tenth volume of poetry, Finding Water, Holding Stone, was published in 2009 by Cherry Grove Collections. He has taught creative writing at Cornell University, University of Cincinnati, Western Washington University and Willamette University, where he was Writer in Residence. His own work has received several national prizes, and he served as judge for the 2009 and 2010 American Book Awards in poetry.
                  Submission Guidelines
                  We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook about a divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention the color blue). We like a collection that feels more like a whole than a sampling of work. We have no preference as to formal or free verse.

                  16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgements (if applicable).

                  Please number all your pages.

                  Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including email and phone), and one just with the title.

                  Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

                  SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.

                  Include a 10 by 12 postage-paid envelope stamped with $2.10 postage, if you'd like a copy of the winning chapbook.

                  Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay. Notify us by email if you need to remove your chapbook from consideration.

                  Winner will be announced in February 2011 and published Fall 2011.

                  Let us know if you need additional info: <concretewolf(at)yahoo.com> (replace (at) with @)

                  For a copies of our previous publications, see our publications page.

                  Mail entries to:

                  Concrete Wolf
                  PO Box 1808
                  Kingston, WA 98346

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 4, 2010
                    2010 Concrete Wolf Poetry Chapbook Contest

                    Postmark Deadline: November 30, 2010

                    Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook

                    Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

                    Final Judge: James Bertolino
                    James Bertolino’s tenth volume of poetry, Finding Water, Holding Stone,
                    was published in 2009 by Cherry Grove Collections. He has taught
                    creative writing at Cornell University, University of Cincinnati,
                    Western Washington University and Willamette University, where he was
                    Writer in Residence. His own work has received several national prizes,
                    and he served as judge for the 2009 and 2010 American Book Awards in
                    poetry. http://www.jamesbertolino.com/

                    Submission Guidelines

                    We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook
                    about a divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention the color
                    blue). We like a collection that feels more like a whole than a
                    sampling of work. We have no preference as to formal or free verse.

                    16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgements
                    (if applicable).

                    Please number all your pages.

                    Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including
                    email and phone), and one just with the title.

                    Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

                    SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.

                    Include a 10 by 12 postage-paid envelope stamped with $2.10 postage, if
                    you'd like a copy of the winning chapbook.

                    Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay. Notify us by email if you
                    need to remove your chapbook from consideration.

                    Winner will be announced in February 2011 and published Fall 2011 or
                    earlier.

                    Let us know if you need additional info: <concretewolf(at)yahoo.com>
                    (replace (at) with @)
                    For a copies of our previous publications, http://Concretewolf.com

                    Mail to:

                    Concrete Wolf
                    PO Box 1808
                    Kingston, WA 98346
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 27 9:47 AM
                      2011 Concrete Wolf Poetry Chapbook Contest
                      Postmark Deadline: November 30, 2011
                      Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook
                      Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.
                      Final Judge: Anita K. Boyle

                      Submission Guidelines

                      We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook about a divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention the color blue). We like a collection that feels more like a whole than a sampling of work. We have no preference as to formal or free verse.

                      16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgements (if applicable).

                      Please number all your pages.

                      Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including email and phone), and one just with the title.

                      Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

                      SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.

                      Include a 10 by 12 postage-paid envelope stamped with $2.10 postage, if you'd like a copy of the winning chapbook.

                      Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay. Notify us by email if you need to remove your chapbook from consideration.

                      Winner will be announced in February 2012 and published Fall 2012.

                      Let us know if you need additional info:<concretewolf(at)yahoo.com> (replacee (at) with @)
                      For a copies of our previous publications, see our publications page on http://ConcreteWolf.com

                      Mail to:
                      Concrete Wolf
                      PO Box 1808
                      Kingston, WA 98346
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 19 6:34 AM
                        2012 Concrete Wolf Poetry Chapbook Contest Now Open
                        Postmark Deadline: November 30, 2012
                        Prize: 100 Copies of a perfect-bound chapbook
                        Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.
                        Final Judge: Kelli Russell Agodon
                        Submission Guidelines
                        We prefer chapbooks that have a theme, either obvious (i.e. chapbook about a divorce) or understated (i.e. all the poems mention the color blue). We like a collection that feels more like a whole than a sampling of work. We have no preference as to formal or free verse.
                        Close friends, former or current students of the Judge or the Editor are ineligible for the contest.

                        16 to 26 pages of poetry, plus a table of contents and acknowledgments (if applicable).
                        Please number all your pages.

                        Include 2 cover sheets, one with title, author information (including email and phone), and one just with the title.

                        Reading Fee: $20, checks payable to Concrete Wolf.

                        SASE for results only. Manuscripts cannot be returned.

                        Include a 10 by 12 postage-paid envelope stamped with $2.25 postage, if you'd like a copy of the winning chapbook.

                        Simultaneous and multiple submissions okay. Notify us by email if you need to remove your chapbook from consideration.

                        Winner will be announced in February 2013 and published Fall 2013.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 6, 2012
[...]

                          Or, pay the contest fee with paypal to <concretewolf(at)yahoo.com> then email the manuscript
                          as a Word.doc file or .rtf file to <concretewolf(at)yahoo.com>.

                          Winner will be announced in February 2013 and published Fall 2013.

                          For a copies of our previous publications, see our publications page. http://Concretewolf.com

                          Mail to:

                          Concrete Wolf
                          PO Box 1808