poetry/fiction/nonfiction contest: Alligator Juniper

    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2007
      Alligator Juniper National Writing Contests in Fiction, Poetry, and Creative
      Nonfiction
      $10 Entry Fee
      $500 First Place Prize
      Postmark Deadline: October 1, 2007

      Alligator Juniper, a publication of Prescott College in Arizona, awards $500
      plus publication for the first place winners in fiction, creative nonfiction,
      and poetry. Additional winners selected for publication will be paid in copies
      (4). $10 entry fee, checks payable to Alligator Juniper. Every entrant
      receives one copy of the 2008 issue, a $10 value. The issue will come out in summer
      2008. There is no theme for the 2008 issue. Work is selected upon artistic
      merit. By entering our contest you agree to allow us to select your work for
      publication even if it does not place first. We encourage submissions from writers
      of all levels, especially emerging or early-career writers. We accept
      simultaneous submissions; inform us in your cover letter and contact us immediately
      if your work is selected elsewhere.

      Submission Guidelines
      Submissions accepted May 1st through October 1st, 2007 (postmark deadline).
      Include a brief cover letter, including the statement below.
      Include S.A.S.E for response only; manuscripts are recycled, not returned.
      Include a $10 entry fee payable to Alligator Juniper for each story or essay
      (30 page limit per entry), or up to five poems.
      Additional entries require additional fee.
      Indicate category with a large F, NF, or P on cover letter and mailing
      envelope.
      Manuscripts must be typed with numbered pages. Prose double-spaced.
      Double-sided copies encouraged. No email submissions.
      Send to: Alligator Juniper, Prescott College, 220 Grove Avenue, Prescott AZ,
      86301

      IMPORTANT: Unfortunately, due to recent problems with misinformed entrants
      and withdrawals, we ask that you include the following statement in your signed
      cover letter: “I have read and understand the guidelines for Alligator Juniper’
      s national writing contest.”
      Back issues are available for all but 1995 (the premier issue) and 2001. Send
      $8 to above address and request a copy from any year, 1996-2006.

      Selection Process
      All entries are read and discussed by Prescott College students in the
      Alligator Juniper practicum class. This class is overseen each fall by two faculty
      members, each of whom is a working writer in the genres of poetry, fiction, and
      creative nonfiction.
      All entrants receive a personal letter from one of our staff regarding the
      status of their submission. We usually inform in late January. The individual
      attention we devote to each manuscript takes time. We appreciate your patience.
      Questions?  E-mail aj@...