call for submissions: HINCHAS DE POESIA ISSUE #7

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2012
      ISSUE #7 OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
      http://hinchasdepoesia.submishmash.com/submit

      Hinchas de Poesía (www.hinchasdepoesia.com) is currently soliciting submissions for issue#7. The deadline for submitting work is July 25th; we foreseepublishing issue #7 by August of 2012.
      Hinchas is an online digital codex dedicated tocontemporary Pan-American writing. Hinchasare Spanglish speakers,18-45, who grew up in populous Latino exurbs (Miami, Los Angeles, D.C.) and may or may not watchsoccer, but know to call it fútbol. Hinchas are the homicidal fútbol fanaticsof Latin America, particularly of theArgentine variety.
      A mshort list of writers published between our digital pages include: TomazSalamun, Campbell McGrath, Melinda Palacios, Yaddyra Peralta, Louis Bourgeois, LuivetteResto-Ometeotl, Guillermo Castro, Stephen Page, Nick Vagnoni, David Spicer, Chip Livingston, JamesCervantes, Kristine Chalifoux, Bojan Louis, Shana Wolstein, Flavia Cosma,and M.G.Stephens.
      Our reading period for our fall issue will run from Monday, May 21st,2012 until Monday, July 25th 2012. Multiple submissions arepermitted, but please do inform us if your work has been accepted elsewhere.
      Poetry: Please submit up to three previously unpublished pieces. Pleaseinclude your name, contact information, and the titles for your poems. Allquestions regarding poetry and poetry submissions should be directed to <heavily(at)hinchasdepoesia.com>
      Prose: Typically, we request that fiction submissions not exceedthree thousand words. For issue #7, we request that submissions ofmicro-fiction not exceed one thousand words. Please include your name, contactinformation and the title of your piece(s). All questions regarding fiction andfiction submissions should be directed to <gonzo(at)hinchasdepoesia.com>.
      Translations: Please submit up to three previously unpublishedtranslations alongside the work in the source language. Please include yourname, contact information, and the titles for your translations; in addition,submit the name of the writer you have translated, their publisher information,and the original titles you have chosen to translate. All questions regardingtranslations and translation submissions should be directed to <yago(at)hinchasdepoesia.com>.
      Artwork: Please send art as a .jpeg image 2400 pixels wide (high res.) at a 72 dpi.To ensure compatability, please only attach imagesas .jpegs; please ensure that attachments are no larger than 24 MBs; if you are sending multiple imagesthat exceed this capacity, send images seperately. All questions regarding art and art submissions should bedirected to <Jennifer(at)hinchasdepoesia.com>.
      Book Reviews: We request that reviews not exceed one thousandwords, and that the subject, title, publisher, and year of publication appearclearly delineated. All questionsregarding reviews and submissions of reviews should be addressed to therespective editors.
      Allsubmissions are handled through our Submittable account, http://hinchasdepoesia.submishmash.com/submit, or through ourwebsite under the “Submissions” tab. Welook forward to reading your best work; if you have any questions, please contactus at <info(at)hinchasdepoesia.com>.
      YagoCura, Publisher
      JimHeavily, Poetry Editor
      J.David Gonzalez, Prose Editor
      JenniferTherieau, Art Editor
      *****

      --
      Yago S. Cura

      http://www.hinchasdepoesia.com
      http://theshusher.tumblr.com/resume

      "pitagoriza en tus constelaciones"--Rubén Darío