We've extended our deadline
In the New Millennium Writings Summer Contest, to midnight, July 31, 2012. This deadline will not be extended.
$4,000 in Prizes, plus publication in NMW and on the Web at www.NewMillenniumWritings.com
$1,000 best Nonfiction; $1,000 for best Story; $1,000 for best Poem; $1,000 for best Short-short story (1,000-word limit)
(Nonfiction includes humor, memoir, creative nonfiction, travel, opinion, essay, interview, features, investigative reporting, etc.)
Winners of The New Millennium Awards for Writing are showcased along with interviews, profiles and tributes to famous writers, present and past, such as Cormac McCarthy, Pamela Uschuk, Kurt Vonnegut, Allen Wier, William Pitt Root, J. D. Salinger, Julia Glass, Shel Silverstein, Khaled Hosseini, George Garrett, Ken Kesey, John Updike, Lee Smith, Lucille Clifton, Shelby Foote, Paul West, Norman Mailer, Sharyn McCrumb, William Kennedy, Walker Percy, Robert Penn Warren and many others. Also, prize-winning stories, poems & articles, humor, graphic arts, writing advice and more.
To Enter, follow these Guidelines, or enter at www.writingawards.com. It's easy.
1. No restrictions as to style, content or number of submissions. Enter as often as you like. Materials previously published OK if only online and/or under 5000 print circulation.
2. Winners and selected finalists---including all poetry finalists---will be published, with permission, in our 2013 issue--which contestants will receive--and/or on-line at www.writingawards.com.
3. Send between now and midnight of July 31, 2012.
4. Simultaneous & multiple submissions welcome.
5. Each fiction or nonfiction piece is counted as a separate entry, and should total no more than 6,000 words except short-short fiction (no more than 1,000 words).
6. Each poetry entry may include up to three poems, not to exceed five pages total per entry. All 20 poetry finalists will be published, pending authors' permissions. If entering online, upload up to 3 poems in a single file, per entry.
7. Include name, phone, address, email & category on cover page or page 1 only, (upload in one file, if entering online). However, should you neglect this, don't worry. PayPal provides plenty of contact information.
8. Mailed manuscripts are recycled, so include SASE or email address for a list of winners.
9. Include $17 check payable to NMW with each submission.
10. Enter online at www.writingawards.com or send by U.S. Mail or other carrier to: "NMW" Room EM, PO Box 2463, Knoxville, TN, 37901.
To order a sample issue, add $10.
Watch for Fiction Winners of our Winter competition to be named in coming weeks
For more, visit www.newmillenniumwritings.com and click on Latest News.