poetry contest deadline extended: Comstock Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2012
      With the 4th of July holiday and our annual contest deadline of Sunday July 1st, Comstock Review is extending the postmark deadline for the Muriel Craft Bailey Poetry Award to Friday, July 20th. First prize of $1000 and other prizes and publications are awarded in this 26th year of Comstock Review's publishing history. This should be advantageous for all those who suffered in last weekend's storms and power outages.

      This year's final judge is the award-winning Dorianne Laux, whose latest book, The Book of Men, was released by W. W. Norton in 2011. Facts About the Moon (W. W. Norton, 2005) was recipient of the Oregon Book Award and a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award. Dorianne has many other celebrated publications and awards. She serves among the faculty at North Carolina State University's MFA program and lives in Raleigh, NC, with her husband, poet Joseph Millar.

      For fees and full guidelines, visit our web site:

      http://www.comstockreview.org/annualcontest.html

      Note: we accept no electronic or simultaneous submissions and submissions must adhere to the contest guidelines or will be returned.

      We look forward to your poems and to your support of the Comstock Review as it enters its second 25 years. Thanks to all who have contributed to our first quarter century.