four way books: june reading period

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2012
      JUNE READING PERIOD GUIDELINES
      http://fourwaybooks.com/general.php

      Online payment form:
      http://bit.ly/LVrQ8M

      Please read through the General Submissions information below and then read our online or paper submissions guidelines.

      Poetry and Fiction Submissions Information
      In June, we read full-length poetry collections and novellas or short story collections. We do not read novels. We do not read translations. We do not read non-fiction.

      During our June Reading Period, manuscripts are not read as anonymous submissions. Note: This is not a contest. Manuscripts are selected by the editors of Four Way Books.

      Each manuscript may be mailed or submitted online between June 1 and June 30 2012, midnight PST, accompanied by a $28.00 processing fee made online or by check or money order made out to Four Way Books.

      Poetry manuscripts are generally between 45 – 80 pages of text. Fiction manuscripts are generally between 150 – 250 pages of text and novellas that stand on their own may be between 80-180 pages of text, give or take. Please submit manuscripts that fall within or close to these parameters.

      Your bio and acknowledgments and/or a list of prior publications may be included if you'd like.

      If you submitted to our poetry contest, you may also submit during June. We have different readers in June.

      We will notify you of our decision by November 1, by email. We are unable to offer a critique of your manuscript. Manuscripts sent to us by mail will not be returned. Please email us if you do not hear from us by November 1. This is not a contest so we do not "announce" winners.

      In recent years we have selected:

      Eileen Pollack's IN THE MOUTH, Sarah Manguso's SISTE VIATOR, C.S. Carrier's AFTER DAYTON, Monica Youn's IGNATZ, Debra Allbery's FIMBUL-WINTER, and David Dodd Lee's THE NERVOUS FILAMENTS, among many other books.

      Keep reading for instructions.

      Online Submission:

      Submitting to us online is easy, saves you money in postage, and saves trees.
      Fill out our online payment form and follow the directions for online credit card payment on our secure site. We currently accept American Express, Discover, Mastercard, and Visa. Your reading fee is non-refundable.

      You will be assigned an payment confirmation number. You may then submit your manuscript through our online submissions manager. Please read and follow all directions listed on the submissions manager entry page. (Do not go to the submissions manager until you have completed your payment, you will not be allowed to submit without a payment confirmation number.)

      You will be asked to come up with your own password. Please save that password.

      By Mail
      Please make sure that your cover page includes the title, your name, and contact information, including your email address.

      Manuscripts will not be returned. If you want to receive written word of our response, we will respond by email by November 1, if you provide us with your email contact info. We are unable to offer a critique of your manuscript.

      Please include a reading fee of $28.00, either as a check payable to Four Way Books, or in the form of a print out of your online payment confirmation emailed from our web site. The online payment form will be available June 1. Please note that this reading fee is non-refundable.

      Word-process your manuscript on white, 8-1/2 x 11 paper. Legible typeface (ie. Times, Courier, Garamond).

      Manuscripts should be fastened with a binder clip but should not otherwise be bound.

      Send manuscript and processing fee to:
      Four Way Books
      POB 535 Village Station
      New York NY 10014

      Multiple submissions are fine but must be submitted separately. Each submission requires a $28.00 processing fee.