open reading period: Aquarius Books

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2012
      OPEN READING PERIOD THRU SEPT. 30
      Please address all inquiries to:
      Aquarius Press
      PO Box 23096
      Detroit, MI 48223

      http://www.aquariuspressbookseller.net/Index.html
      Aquarius Press/Willow Books will be reading unsolicited manuscripts during the summer of 2012. This reading period is only for writers who have not previously been published by Aquarius Press/Willow Books. Our mission is to develop, publish and promote writers typically underrepresented in the market, and the reading period is open to all writers from diverse cultural backgrounds. Poetry manuscripts should be in the 48-96 page range, and fiction/nonfiction should be no longer than 180 pages. Scholarly titles covering literature, arts and the humanities (up to 250 pages) are also accepted, but they should be in proper format (MLA, Chicago, etc.).

      This reading period is neither a contest nor is it exclusively for first books. Rather, it is a time for us to review manuscripts by writers who have not previously been published by our press. Genre/subject is open, but no "street lit" or erotica, please. Our new critique service is also availableĀ—visit the Aquarius Press website for details, www.aquariuspressbookseller.net/CFM.html