poetry and fiction contests: the New Guard

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2012
      THE NEW GUARD 2012 CONTESTS
      http://www.newguardreview.com/
      (go to website for online submissions)

      If you don't wish to submit online, you can choose to enter our contests by postal mail, with a $15 check payable to TNG and a SASE.
      THE NEW GUARD
      P.O. Box 10612
      Portland, ME 04104

      Good news, folks! We have extended both contest deadlines to July 18, 2012 (midnight/postmark). Entries are $15. International submissions are welcomed.
      KNIGHTVILLE POETRY CONTEST: $1,000 for an exceptional work of narrative and/or experimental poetry. Three poems per entry. Up to 300 lines per poem. Judged by National Poetry Series winner JEANNE MARIE BEAUMONT.
      MACHIGONNE FICTION CONTEST: $1,000 for an exceptional work of literary and/or experimental fiction. Submit up to 7,500 words: anything from flash to the long story. Novel excerpts are welcome if the manuscript functions as a stand-alone story. We do not publish illustrations. Judged by Novelist and EssayistRICK BASS.

      THE NEW GUARD 2012 contest readers are looking forward to reading your work! You can enter online via our submissions manager or by postal mail with a $15 check and SASE. Contest winners and all finalists get two free copies of TNG and publication. We published 40+ debut writers in the 2011 issue alone. Each submission will be carefully considered. Final judging is blind.
      We accept .doc or similar files–no PDFs, please. We do pay strict attention to word and line count. Please include your name on the first page of your submission only. Poetry submissions should be made together in one file (up to three poems in one document). TNG accepts previously unpublished work only. Any size print run or online publication (including blogs and/or social networking) disqualify your entry. Simultaneous submissions are accepted, provided we're notified upon publication elsewhere.
      TNG retains standard first publication rights; all rights immediately revert to the writer upon publication. Please note that TNG cannot return manuscripts. We are not presently accepting submissions aside from our contests.