poetry contest: Amherst Writers and Artists
The Second Annual Pat Schneider Poetry Contest
Amherst Writers and Artists
First Prize: $1,000 and publication of winning poems in Peregrine
Please note: The entry fee of $18.00 must accompany each submission.
Winners will be invited to participate in a reading at the Jones Library in Amherst, MA.
One first place winner and up to three honorable mentions will be published in Peregrine XXVIII.
1. Up to five poems per person will be accepted for consideration. No poem should be more than two manuscript pages. Since the poems will be judged anonymously,sheets which contain the poems should not have the poet’s name on them; instead a separate sheet should list the poet’s name, mailing address, phone number, email address and the titles of the poems. Poems cannot be returned.
2. A check or money order for $18.00 payable to Amherst Writers and Artists must accompany submission (in the memo section of the check please write “Poetry Contest”).
3. Please write: Poetry Contest on the front of the envelope containing your poems.
4. Only unpublished poems may be submitted to the Contest.
5. Deadline: July 1, 2012 (postmark).
6. Winners will be announced upon receiving the chief judge Pat Schneider’s results, in fall 2012.
7. Contest entrants are asked not to contact AWA in reference to the Contest. Winners will be notified by mail.
Winners’ names will also appear on our website and in press releases.
Send poems to:
Pat Schneider Poetry Contest
c/o Amherst Writers & Artists
P.O. Box 1076
Amherst, MA 01004
Employees and board members of AWA are not eligible to submit to the contest.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]