literary event grants: Poets & Writers

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2012
      Poets & Writers, Inc.’s Readings/Workshops program is now accepting applications for literary events taking place in our new fiscal year, which begins July 1. As you may know, the Readings/Workshops program provides small matching grants ($50-$500) to pay the honoraria of writers who give readings or teach writing workshops at all types of community venues in California, Houston, Seattle, and Tucson.

      Guidelines and an application are available atwww.pw.org/funding.Organizations must apply on a writer’s behalf, but writers may initiate the application process. Please note that applications must be received at least eight weeks in advance of the event date.

      We are especially interested in supporting workshops with teens, seniors, and other underserved populations, and events taking place in rural areas of California. If you have questions, please feel free to contact me or Assistant Director Jamie FitzGerald at 310-481-7195.