call for submissions: The Quotable

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2012
      The Quotable is a new quarterly literary magazine showcasing tomorrow's quote-worthy authors. Each issue will appear online and in print and feature short stories, creative non-fiction, poetry and artwork based on a specific theme and quote. The theme of our seventh issue is "Feast or Famine."

      We're seeking flash fiction, short fiction, creative non-fiction, poetry and original art & photography.

      Please see our website for more information and to submit your work.

      http://thequotablelit.com/

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2014

        Issue: 16, Theme: Nature or Nurture
        Submissions open October 1, 2014 – December 1, 2014

        General Guidelines:

        We seek:
        • flash fiction (under 1,000 words) - 1 submission per reading period
        • short fiction (under 3,000 words)  - 1 submission per reading period
        • creative nonfiction (under 3,000 words) - 1 submission per reading period
        • poetry - 1 submission of up to 3 poems per reading period
        • We are currently closed for art submissions
        We accept only original unpublished work. We do accept simultaneous submissions, but ask that you notify us immediately should your work be accepted elsewhere.

        Please submit only DOUBLE SPACED (except poetry) documents using 12 pt. Times New Roman (or similarly readable font).
        To ensure fairness, The Quotable has a blind submissions process. Remove all identifying information - name, email address, etc. - from your manuscripts. We will decline any manuscript that contains the author's information.
        Contact us with questions.
        Submittable submissions link:
        https://thequotablelit.submittable.com/submit

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21

          Subject: The Quotable Issue 17 Open for Submissions

          The Quotable Lit is open for Issue 17: Atmosphere
          Submissions open January 1, 2015 – March 1, 2015
          “Green was the silence, wet was the light,
          the month of June trembled like a butterfly.”
          ― Pablo Neruda
          General Guidelines:
          We seek:
          • flash fiction (under 1,000 words) - 1 submission per reading period
          • short fiction (under 3,000 words)  - 1 submission per reading period
          • creative nonfiction (under 3,000 words) - 1 submission per reading period
          • poetry - 1 submission of up to 3 poems per reading period
          We accept only original unpublished work. We do accept simultaneous submissions, but ask that you notify us immediately should your work be accepted elsewhere.

          Submissions link:
          https://thequotablelit.submittable.com/submit
          To ensure fairness, The Quotable has a blind submissions process. Remove all identifying information - name, email address, etc. - from your manuscripts. We will decline any manuscript that contains the author's information.
          Contact us with questions.

          Upon acceptance, The Quotable acquires first serial publications rights, after which the copyright reverts to the author. All accepted work will be archived on the site for so long as the site manager(s) should deem appropriate.

          The editors of The Quotable envision a world in which all artists are paid handsomely for the considerable efforts they make to enrich mankind. While we labor toward that utopia, however, the only payment we can offer is the esteem of seeing your name in print and your work appreciated