personal essay contest: Memoirs INK

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2012
      Memoirs Ink is looking for original, well-written personal essays,
      memoirs, or stories that are based on autobiographical experiences. The
      narrative must be in first person, other than that, the contest is open
      to any type, genre or style of story. Stories can be funny or sad,
      serious, artsy or fragmented. We are interested in pushing the
      boundaries of memoir and also in just regular memoir that doesn't try
      too hard--so long as it moves us. This contest is open to any writer,
      any age, writing in English--that means Canadians, Brits, Australians,
      Ugandans and anyone else anywhere can enter.

      http://www.memoirsink.com/writingcontestguidelines/
      http://www.memoirsink.com/writing-contest-entry-form/

      Entry must be previously unpublished (this includes websites and blogs).
      Entry fee: $17-- and previous entrants get at $2 discount on entry fee.
      (Make check or money order to Memoirs, Ink. Or pay online. Please make
      sure to mail your receipt with your entry form and story. Pay Online.
      Prizes: First Prize: $1000. Second Prize: $500. Third Prize: $250.
      Word Limit: February Deadline: less than 1500 words; August Deadline:
      less than 3000 words.

      Annual Contest Deadline: August 1, 2012 (postmark); Late deadline:
      August 15, 2012 (late entries require additional $5 fee per entry);
      Half-Yearly Contest Deadline: February 15, 2013 (postmark) Late
      Deadline: March 1, 2013 (Postmark - Late entries require additional $5
      entry fee per entry).

      Winners will be announced October 7 and April 30, respectively. We will
      announce them by e-mail and on our website.
      Send entries to:
      Memoirs Ink Writing Contest
      10866 Washington Blvd, Suite 518,
      Culver City, CA 90232
      Please submit entries as follows: Typed, double-spaced, 12 pt. font.
      Your name should appear only on the contest submission form. Contest
      submission form is at
      http://www.memoirsink.com/writing-contest-entry-form/

      The title of the manuscript should appear on every page. The pages
      should be numbered.
      Pages should be stapled, please.
      Multiple submissions are accepted, however, an additional $10 entry fee
      is required for each additional story.
      Simultaneous submissions are accepted, however, if your manuscript is
      accepted elsewhere, you need to let us know immediately that you are
      withdrawing your submission.
      E-mail questions to <Jill(at)memoirsink.com> (replace (at) with @)
      OTHER INFO
      Manuscripts will not be returned. Memoirs, Ink., is not responsible for
      manuscripts lost in the mail, etc. Memoirs, Ink cannot confirm receipt
      of your entry unless you provide a self-addressed stamped postcard.
      Winners must sign a contest winner agreement form that certifies your
      writing is original and assigns us temporary rights and electronic
      archiving rights.
      If you win, we will publish your story. If you do not want your story
      published please do not submit it.
      We reserve the right to mention or not mention anyone honorably.