call for submissions: Brawler Lit

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2012
      Brawler Lit call for submissions, and Milwaukee-themed contest

      Brawler Lit, an online Midwestern magazine of prose, poetry and comics, is looking for submissions of Poetry, Short Stories, and Short Shorts for both its online magazine and it's print Milwaukee-themed Contest. Winners of the contest will not be paid, BUT will be published in the Best of Milwaukee Anthology.

      For the Contest and Best of Milwaukee Anthology, Brawler is looking for writing about Milwaukee or from writers with strong connections to the area.

      For detailed guidelines please visit Brawler's submittable page: http://brawlerlit.submishmash.com/submit

      About Brawler: Brawler is a Milwaukee-based literary website. We publish new work biweekly, with an emphasis on the Midwestern voice. That doesn’t mean that writers from any other part of the country, or the world, will be ignored, but special attention will be placed on those who live in flyover states. More than anything, Brawler was founded to promote good literature, and to help grow a scene in our native Milwaukee.