call for submissions: Blue Lyra Review

    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2012
      Call for NF & Poetry & Art Submissions:

      New literary journal called Blue Lyra Review (bluelyrareview.com) is currently open for submissions. We are an online journal and after 3 issues, we will print a best-of issue.

      Profits earned from the print issue (if any) will be donated to the charities listed on our Giving Page.

      You can submit poems, nonfiction or artisticimages through Submittable

      http://bluelyrareview.submishmash.com/submit

      More info at:

      http://bluelyrareview.com/

      Nonfiction: We’re interested in 500 – 2,000 word (maximum) personal essays, memoirs, creative non-fiction which are have a strong story at its core, and where the author shows up on the page with passion, a personal stake, or meaningful reflection. Sorry, but essays over 2,000 words will not be reviewed. We are open to all topics but are especially interested in nature- or Jewish-oriented pieces. Attach your submission in a file with a .doc, .docx, or .pdf extension, and put your name and NF in subject line (Scanlan – NF). Make sure your submission has your contact information (name, address, phone number, email) either on the document or in an attached (brief) cover letter. Please have your name, an email address or phone number, and page numbers on each page of your submission.

      Poetry: Whether narrative or lyrical or experimental or prose poetry, we are simply looking for something that moves us. Please attach 3-5 poems at a time in a single file with a .doc, .docx, or .pdf extension, and put your name and poems in subject line (Silverman – poems). Don’t send just one poem unless it’s a long poem (more than three pages). We want to get a sense of your style as a writer, and one poem is not enough to do this. Make sure your submission has your contact information (name, address, phone number, email) either on the document or in an attached (brief) cover letter. Please have your name, an email address or phone number, and page numbers on each page of your submission.

      Art: If you would like to submit artwork, we would love to post it! Please send us a query with a link to your personal website or even better would be to send 2-3 low resolution jpgs of your work. Send art queries to <bluelyrareview(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @) and put your name and art in subject line (Silverman – art). Make sure your submission has your contact information (name, address, phone number, email) either on the document or in an attached (brief) cover letter.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2014
        Subject: Blue Lyra Review call for submissions
        http://bluelyrareview.com

        https://bluelyrareview.submittable.com/submit (online submissions link)

        Blue Lyra Review is seeking submissions for its special all-fiction
        issue (April 2014). Writers can submit up to three micro or
        flash-fiction pieces, or one story from 1,000 words to 6,500.

        Stories should be of the highest caliber, drawing the reader into its
        world within a paragraph. They should be strong, fresh and feel
        original, with a pure heart and a sense of true human desire for
        something. While the subject is certainly open, genre work will not
        accepted. At the end of the day, move us with truth, life and skill,
        not experimentation.

        Of course, we are always looking for nonfiction, poetry, art, and
        translations for our regular Feb., June & October issues. October is
        always themed. This year the theme is Far From The Maddening Crowd.

        Send your submissions through Submittable in .doc or .docx format with
        your contact information (name, address, phone number and email
        address) on your (brief) cover letter. Please do not describe the plot
        of your story in your cover letter. Make sure that you put the word
        count on the first page of the submission or in the cover letter!

        http://bluelyrareview.com/
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 29, 2014

          Submissions through Submittable only:
          https://bluelyrareview.submittable.com/submit

          This year we are honored to have as our guest judges:

          Katherine E. Young (Poetry)
          Stefanie Freele (Flash Fiction)
          Winners in each genre will receive a $100 prize and publication in BLR Anthology Volume II, to be released in early 2015. One runner-up from each genre will receive publication and two free copies of the anthology, and finalists will receive notation in the anthology and be considered for publication either online or in print.
          Please submit your entry fee and your work to Blue Lyra Review Submittable. You have the option to purchase the 2013 Anthology for a small additional six dollars. The $9 fee covers all categories, for any one entry. For example, the entry fee covers three flash fiction pieces (each under 1000 words; or three poems (under 65 lines or 1-2 pages each).
          You may submit multiple entries. We accept only unpublished work. We allow simultaneous submissions, but we ask that you notify us promptly of publication elsewhere. Please keep the blind reading & judging in place. What does this mean? To avoid being disqualified, do not send us an email about your withdrawal but go into your Submittable account and withdraw the piece, or if it is one poem or flash fiction piece from a group of submissions, then add a note that one of the pieces has been withdrawn.
          No extensions to the deadline. We firmly stand by this.
          Blue Lyra Review announces the following contests:

          (1) Blue Lyra Flash Fiction Prize  – 1000 word max. Judge: Stefanie Freele, author of Surrounded by Water. $9 per entry, $15 with anthology. July 1 – Aug 31.
          (2) Blue Lyra Poetry Prize  – 65 line max. Judge: Katherine E. Young, author of Day of the Border Guards. Guidelines online & Submittable link. Prize: $100 per category. $9/3 entries, $15 with anthology. $9 per entry, $15 with anthology. July 1 – Aug 31.
          Winners will be announced in November-December 2014. Submissions through Submittable only.
          Entries ONLY accepted during the above dates. Others may be included for publication in either the print or online editions.
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 9, 2015

            Blue Lyra Review, a journal of diverse voices, is open to any writer so long as it is quality work. We are looking for
            poetry, guest edited by Jason Koo,
            nonfiction, guest edited by Suzanne Cope,
            & translations.

            Send through Submittable. Information & link found here:

            Also consider purchasing the new print issue available on the site as well.