flash fiction contest: Gemini Magazine

    Message 1 of 12 , May 3, 2012
      Gemini Magazine is pleased to announce its Fourth Annual Flash Fiction Contest. The grand prize is $1,000.

      Maximum length: 1,000 words. No restrictions on content, style or genre. Second place wins $100; we've added a third place prize of $50 and there will also be three honorable mentions. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2012 issue of Gemini.

      Writers of all levels are welcome. Both new and established writers have won our fiction contests.

      Entry fee: $4 ($3 for each additional entry). Deadline: August 31, 2012. Full details at

      www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 27, 2012
        The deadline for Gemini Magazine’s Fourth Annual Flash Fiction Contest is August 31, 2012. The grand prize is $1,000. Second place wins $100 and the third place prize is $50. There will also be three honorable mentions. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2012 issue of Gemini.

        Maximum length: 1,000 words. No restrictions on content, style or genre.

        Writers of all levels are welcome. Both new and established writers have won our fiction contests.

        Entry fee: $4 ($3 for each additional entry). Full details at
        www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 10, 2013
          Subject: flash fiction contest: Gemini Magazine

          Dear Ms. Joseph:

          I'm writing in the hope you can post thebelow contest announcement. By the way, bravoto you for requesting that people not send you LinkedIn invitations. I know theycan be such a distraction. Thanks for all your good work!

          David Bright, Editor

          Gemini Magazine

          Here’s the announcement:

          We are pleased to announce the Fifth AnnualGemini Magazine Flash Fiction Contest (www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html)

          GRANDPRIZE: $1,000. Second place wins $100 and four honorable mentions each receive$25. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2013 issue ofGemini.

          Maximumlength: 1,000 words. Deadline: August 31, 2013. Open to ANY subject, style or genre: experimental,mainstream, noir, fantasy, humor, erotica....Simply send your best, mostpowerful work.

          Why such a low entry fee? So EVERYONE can have a chance. Bothnew and experienced writers have won our contests. Entries are read blind.

          ENTRYFEE: just $4 ($3 for each additional flash). Enter by email or snail mail. Fulldetails at www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

          Message 4 of 12 , May 22, 2015

            Knock us out in 1,000 words or less! The deadline for Gemini Magazine’s Seventh Annual Flash Fiction Contest is August 31, 2015. The grand prize is $1,000. Second place wins $100 and four honorable mentions each win $25. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2015 issue of Gemini.

            Aside from the word limit, there are no rules in this contest. We are open to any style, subject or genre.

            Writers' names are removed from entries before reading, so each entry gets an equal chance. Both new and established writers have won our fiction contests.

            Entry fee: $5 ($4 for each additional entry). Full details at
            www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

            To get an idea of what we like, check out any of the 38 previous winners/finalists as well as the 26 winners/finalists from our Short Story Contests at the above link.
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 6, 2016

              The deadline for Gemini Magazine’s Eighth Annual Flash Fiction Contest is August 31. The grand prize is $1,000. Second place wins $100 and four honorable mentions each win $25. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2016 issue of Gemini.

              Send us a complete story in 1,000 words or less. Aside from the word limit, there are no rules in this contest. We are open to any style, subject or genre.

              Writers' names are removed from entries before reading, so each entry gets an equal chance. Both new and established writers have won our fiction contests.

              Entry fee: $5 ($4 for each additional entry). Full details at
              www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

              To get an idea of what we like, check out any of the dozens of previous winners/finalists from our Flash Fiction and Short Story Contests at the above link.
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 25, 2016

                The deadline for the eighth annual Gemini Magazine Flash Fiction Contest is Wednesday, August 31, 2015. The grand prize is $1,000. There are five additional cash prizes. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2015 issue of Gemini.

                There is a 1,000-word limit in the competition. Aside from the word limit, there are no rules. We are open to any style, subject or genre.

                Writers' names are removed from entries before reading, so every entry gets an equal chance. Both new and established writers have won our fiction contests.

                Entry fee: $5 ($4 for each additional entry). Full details and all previous winners at www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

              • CRWROPPS LIST
                Message 7 of 12 , May 14

                  The deadline for the ninth annual Gemini Magazine Flash Fiction Contest is August 31, 2017. The grand prize is $1,000. There are five additional cash prizes. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2017 issue of Gemini.

                  There is a 1,000-word limit in the competition. Aside from the word limit, there are no rules. We are open to any writing style, subject or genre.

                  Writers' names are removed from entries before reading, so every entry gets an equal chance. Both new and established writers have won our fiction contests.

                  Entry fee: $5 ($4 for each additional entry). Full details and all previous winners at
                  www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html
                  .
                • CRWROPPS LIST
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 14

                    • 9th Annual Gemini Magazine Flash Fiction Contest
                    • Deadline: August 31, 2017
                      Surprise us. Shock us. Make us fall in love in a complete story of 1,000 words or less! Grand prize: $1,000. Second prize: $100. Four honorable mentions: $25 each. Low entry fee of $5. Any subject, style, or genre. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2017 issue of Gemini. Check out any of the four dozen previous winners and finalists to see what we like. www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html
                  • CRWROPPS LIST
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 24
                      The deadline for the ninth annual Gemini Magazine Flash Fiction Contest is Thursday, August 31. First prize is $1,000 and the entry fee is just $5 ($4 for each additional entry). Except for the 1,000 word limit, we have no rules! We are open to any subject, genre or writing style.

                      Second prize wins $100 and four honorable mentions each receive $25. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2017 issue of Gemini.

                      All four dozen previous finalists/winners may be read online to see the wide variety of stories we have published.

                      Entries may be sent via email or snail mail.