poetry book contest: Trio House Press

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2012
      Submissions close April 30th at Trio House Press!!! Submit here: www.triohousepress.org
      Trio House Press gives two awards annually: the Trio Award for First or Second Book for emerging poets, and the Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence for a book of poems contributing in an innovative and distinct way to American poetry. The Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence is open to all poets, regardless of publication history. Each award winner receives $1000 and twenty copies of his or her book. Additionally, each winner must serve as a Collective Member of Trio House Press for twenty-four months after publication in order to assist with the press and bringing more Triobooks into print. Our reading period for both awards is November 1st through April 30th. Manuscripts received outside of this reading period will not be considered. Our submissions fee is $25 per manuscript for all award reading periods.
      We are an environmentally conscious press and only accept manuscripts through our online submissions manager on our web page.
      Michael Waters is the 2012 judge for the Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence and Ross Gay is the 2012 judge for the Trio Award for First of Second Book of poems. For their bio information and to submit visit our website at www.triohousepress.org
      Guidelines for Trio House Submissions
      · The Trio Award for First or Second Book is only open to poets with less than two books published.
      · The Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence is open to ALL poets, regardless of publication history.
      · Manuscripts must be between 48-70 pages, written in English by a poet residing within the U.S.
      · Translations are not eligible for publication.
      · Manuscripts must be sent in a single word doc. or docx. file.
      · Include a cover letter with your bio as the first page of your file.
      · Include an acknowledgement page of individual poems published. The manuscript as a whole must not be previously published.
      · Include two cover pages, one with the title of your manuscript and your name and contact information, and one with only the title of your manuscript. Your name or other identifying materials must not appear anywhere else upon your manuscript.
      · Payment of $25 is required for all submissions during our award submissions period.
      · Multiple award submissions are accepted as long as a $25 fee accompanies each award submission.
      · Simultaneous submissions are accepted as long as we are notified immediately if your manuscript is chosen elsewhere.
      · Relatives and current or former students of the judge are not eligible for awards or publication during our contest submissions period.
      · No edits can be made to manuscripts after you submit your manuscript. However, if chosen for award or publication, edits can be made prior to final proofs.
      · All award winners and poets published must serve as a Collective Member of Trio House Press for twenty-four months after publication. They must assist with the press and bringing more Trio books into print. They must work on the Production and Design Committee, the Distribution and Sales Committee, the Educational Development Committee, or the Fundraising and Marketing Committee.
      · For more information about our press visit us at www.triohousepress.org

        · For more information about our press visit us at www.triohousepress.org

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 26 9:40 AM
          Submissions are open at www.triohousepress.org!

[...]
          Joan Houlihan is the 2013 judge for the Louise Bogan Award for Artistic
          Merit and Excellence and Mihaela Moscaliuc is the 2013 judge for
          the Trio Award for First of Second Book of poems.  For their bio
          information and to submit, visit our website
          at www.triohousepress.orgGuidelines for Trio House
          Submissions·         The Trio Award for First or Second Book is only
          open to poets with less than two books published.·         The Louise
          Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence is open to ALL poets,
          regardless of publication history.·         Manuscripts must be between
[...]
          Committee.·         For more information about our press
          visit www.triohousepress.org.
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 17, 2013
            Terry Lucas, Associate Editor
            Trio House Press

            SUBMISSIONS  CLOSE APRIL 30th   at www.triohousepress.org.TrioHouse
[...]
            Joan Houlihan is the2012 judge for the Louise Bogan Award forArtistic
            Merit and Excellence andMihaela Moscaliuc is the 2012 judge for the
            TrioAward for First or Second Book of poems. Read their bios and submit
            by visiting our website at www.triohousepress.org
            Guidelines for Trio House Submissions·     The Trio Award for First or
            Second Book is onlyopen to poets with less than two books
            published.·     The Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit andExcellence
            is open to ALL poets, regardless of publication
            history.·     Manuscripts must be between 48-70 pages, writtenin
[...]
            Marketing Committee.·     For more information about our press visit
            www.triohousepress.org.