call for submissions: Palabra

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9 12:44 PM
      PALABRA - Call for Submissions

      PALABRA invites Chicano & Latino writers to submit work for Issue 8. We accept short stories, flash fiction, poetry, standalone novel excerpts and short plays that explore new avenues of Chicano & Latino writing. Innovative/cross-genre/hybrid work is welcome. Especially interested in work that is fresh and takes literary risks.

      Fiction and standalone novel excerpts to 4000 words, flash fiction 3 maximum of up to 750 words each, poems 5 maximum of any length and style, plays to 15 pp, hybrid/cross genre work to 10 pp. Work can be in English, Spanish, Spanglish or any combination thereof. Simultaneous submissions are okay. There is a small honorarium.

      Submissions deadline is April 30.

      Detailed guidelines and information are available on the website: www.palabralitmag.com
      Queries at info [at] palabralitmag [dot] com.

      Submit via USPS only to PALABRA, P.O. Box 86146, Los Angeles, CA 90086-0146. Include SASE. Manuscripts will not be returned.

      PALABRA
      A Magazine of Chicano & Latino Literary Art
      P. O. Box 86146
      Los Angeles, CA 90086-0146

      www.palabralitmag.com
      palabralit@...