call for submissions: the Meadowland Review

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2012
      The Meadowland Review is an online literary journal comprised of a small group of writers and editors who share a commitment to providing a public space for thoughtful and original material. We welcome and encourage both emerging and established writers of short fiction and poetry.

      Spring/Summer 2012:

      PLEASE NOTE: We will no longer be sending rejections for unaccepted work.

      We will be considering submissions of poetry, fiction, photography and art pieces from April 1-June 1

      The Meadowland Review will not accept material that has appeared in other online or print publications. Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but you must notify The Meadowland Review if your work has been accepted by another publication. All work MUST be original.

      We accept submissions of:

      poetry: up to five poems, 80 lines maximum per poem
      short short fiction: up to 1,000 words
      photography and artwork: up to 3 photographs or pieces
      The Meadowland Review will claim first rights to all accepted work and the right to archive all work on this website. Rights to all work in The Meadowland Review will revert to the author/photographer upon publication.

      How to Submit

      Email your submission to <submissions(at)themeadowlandreview.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending email)
      Please indicate either poetry, short fiction, or photography in the subject line
      For poetry and fiction, please paste the text of your submission into the body of the email.
      Poetry or fiction submissions sent as attachments will not be read
      For photography and artwork, please provide the title of the photo or piece in your email and attach your image. We accept images only in the following formats: GIF, JPG, PNG or TIF.
      Please include your full name, email address and 1-5 line bio with your submission
      Please do not submit more than once during a reading period

      For any additional questions about the submission or publication process, please see our FAQ page, or contact us directly via email.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2012
        Winter 2013

        We will be considering submissions of poetry, fiction, photography and art pieces from October 1-December 1

        The Meadowland Review will not accept material that has appeared in other online or print publications. Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but you must notify The Meadowland Review if your work has been accepted by another publication. All work MUST be original.

        Please expect a response within 1-3 months.

        We accept submissions of:

        poetry: up to five poems, 80 lines maximum per poem
        short short fiction: up to 6,000 words