poetry contest: Ruminate

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2012
      RUMINATE Magazine is currently seeking submissions for our annual Janet McCabe Poetry Prize with an award of $1000 to the winning poet. The finalist judge for this year's contest is the acclaimed poet Li-Young Lee. The deadline to submit poetry is May 1st. Entry fee is $15, and includes a copy of the Fall Issue. The winning poem and runner-up poem will be published in the Fall 2012 issue.
      For more rules and guidelines, please visit: http://www.ruminatemagazine.com/submit/contests/poetry-prize/

      If you have any more questions, please contact Brianna Van Dyke at <editor(at)ruminatemagazine.org> (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail)
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 24, 2015

        Janet B. McCabe Poetry Prize

        $20.00 USD
        Ends on 5/5/2015
        https://ruminatemagazine.submittable.com/submit/8440

        We invite you to enter the 2015 Poetry Prize with final judge Dan Beachy-Quick. As with all our submissions, we highly recommend reading a copy of the magazine to better understand the type of poetry we are looking for. You can buy a hard copy of most back issues for $15 or a PDF for $5. We recommend Issue 33, which features the winning poems from the 2014 Prize,Issue 29, which features the winning poems from the 2013 Prize, Issue 25, which features the winning poems from the 2012 Prize, or  Issue 21, which features the winning poems from the 2011 Prize.

         Guidelines:
        -The submission deadline for the prize is May 5, 2015.
        -The entry fee is $20 (includes a copy of the Fall 2015 Issue).
        -All submissions must be previously unpublished work.
        -You may submit up to two poems per entry, no longer than 40 lines each.
        -You may only upload one document, so please make sure to include both poems in the same document.
        -$1500 and publication in the Fall 2015 Issue will be awarded to the winner. $200 and publication in the Fall 2015 Issue will be awarded to the second-place winner.
        -All entries will be blind-judged by our panel of readers who will select fifteen poems as finalists.
        -The finalist judge will review the fifteen finalist poems and select the first place and second place and honorable mention poems.
        -Close friends or family of the finalist judge are not eligible. Also, close friends or family of the Ruminate staff are not eligible. Past first place winners of the prize and past judges of the prize are also not eligible.
        -All submissions must be submitted via our online submission manager. We will not accept mail or email submissions.
        -Winner will be announced in the Fall Issue, Sept. 2015.
        -Please remove your name, bio, and any contact info from the file that you submit.
        -If you need to make a correction to a submission, such as removing your contact info or withdrawing a poem from a batch of poems submitted, please use the "Allow Edit Requests" function in Submittable.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 5, 2015
          We invite you to enter the 2015 Poetry Prize with final judge Dan Beachy-QuickAs with all our submissions, we highly recommend reading a copy of the magazine to better understand the type of poetry we are looking for. You can buy a hard copy of most back issues for $15 or a PDF for $5. We recommend Issue 33, which features the winning poems from the 2014 Prize,Issue 29, which features the winning poems from the 2013 Prize, Issue 25, which features the winning poems from the 2012 Prize, or  Issue 21, which features the winning poems from the 2011 Prize.

          https://ruminatemagazine.submittable.com/submit

           Guidelines:
          -The submission deadline has been extended to May 11, 2015.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2016

            2016 Ruminate Poetry Prize. The winner of the Janet B. McCabe Poetry Prize will receive $1500 and publication in the Spring 2017 issue. The runner up will receive $200 and publication.

             Poetry Prize Guidelines

            The submission deadline for the prize is  MAY 15th.

            The entry fee is $20 (includes a copy of the Spring 2017 Issue, international entries will receive a complimentary PDF copy).

            All submissions must be previously unpublished work.

            You may submit up to two poems per entry, no longer than 40 lines each.

            $1500 and publication in Ruminate will be awarded to the winner. $200 and publication in Ruminate will be awarded to the second place winner.

            For more details see http://www.ruminatemagazine.com/submit/contests/poetry-prize/