dancing poetry contest: Artists Embassy Intl

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2012
      ARTISTS EMBASSY INTERNATIONAL’S SEVENTEENTH ANNUAL
      DANCING POETRY CONTEST
      http://www.dancingpoetry.com/poetrycontestrules.html

      Deadline May 15, 2011
      Over $1,000 in prize money to be awarded

      All DPF prize winners will receive a prize certificate suitable for framing, a ticket to the Dancing Poetry Festival 2011, and be invited to read their prize winning poem at the 2011 Dancing Poetry Festival, time and location to be announced.
      Three Grand Prizes will receive $100 each plus the poems will be danced, and videotaped for you.
      Each Grand Prize Winner will be invited onstage for photo ops with the dancers and a bow in the lime light.

      Six First Prizes will receive $50 each
      Twelve Second Prizes will receive $25 each
      Thirty Third Prizes will receive $10 each

      CONTEST RULES
      Line Limit: 40 lines maximum each poem. No limit on number of entries
      Send TWO typed, clear copies of each entry
      Show name, address, telephone number, e-mail and how you heard about us on ONE copy only
      (The anonymous copy goes to the judges. Judges decisions are final.)
      Poems must be in English or include English translation
      Entry Fee: One poem for $5 or 3 poems for $10
      Make checks out to Artists Embassy International
      Poets outside the USA, please send an international postal money order in US dollars or US currency
      No poems will be returned.

      Send all entries and fees postmarked by May 15, 2011, to
      AEI Contest Chair, Judy Cheung
      704 Brigham Ave.
      Santa Rosa, CA 95404

      Winning a grand prize includes your permission for Artists Embassy International to publish your poem in print or on-line
      with your credits for publicity involving the Dancing Poetry Festival. All other rights remain with the author.
      Judges are members of AEI and represent poets, dancers, artists, and musicians with international credits.
      Winners will be announced by August 1, 2011.
      Early submissions are appreciated by the staff. Thank you. We look forward to seeing your work.
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 23, 2012
        http://www.dancingpoetry.com/dpfpoetrycontestrules.html

        ARTISTS EMBASSY INTERNATIONAL'S SEVENTEENTH ANNUAL
        DANCING POETRY CONTEST
        Deadline May 15, 2012
        Over $1,000 in prize money to be awarded

        All DPF prize winners will receive a prize certificate suitable for framing, a ticket to the Dancing Poetry Festival 2012, and be invited to read their prize winning poem at the 2012 Dancing Poetry Festival, time and location to be announced.
[...]

        Send all entries and fees postmarked by May 15, 2012, to
        AEI Contest Chair, Judy Cheung
        704 Brigham Ave.
        Santa Rosa, CA 95404

        Winning a grand prize includes your permission for Artists Embassy International to publish your poem in print or on-line
        with your credits for publicity involving the Dancing Poetry Festival. All other rights remain with the author.
        Judges are members of AEI and represent poets, dancers, artists, and musicians with international credits.
        Winners will be announced by August 1, 2012.
        Early submissions are appreciated by the staff. Thank you. We look forward to seeing your work.

        Please look at photos of our 2006-2010 Dancing Poetry Festivals to see the vast diversity of poetry and dance we present each year. We always look for something new and different including new twists to old themes, different looks at common situations, inovative concepts for dynamic, thought provoking entertainment. We look forward to reading your submissions. Thank you.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 11 2:18 PM
            Subject: Dancing Poetry Contest deadline is May 15

            DANCING POETRY CONTEST
            Open Now Until May 15th. Over $1,000 in prize money to be awarded.

            All winners will be invited to read their work at the California Palace of the Legion of Honor Art Museum, during the 19th Annual Dancing Poetry Festival. Winners also receive cash awards, and certificates of recognition.

            Dear Poet,

            We thank you again for sharing your poetry with this unique poetry outreach. Your creativity and artistry as a poet is needed and appreciated. If you have already entered our Contest, thank you for your submissions. If not, your work is needed to continue the excitement now expected by the appreciative audience for this enlightening annual event.Artists Embassy’s dedicated volunteer staff is excited to look forward to seeing and hearing your poetry entry. Something to dance about, talk about, and discover is our great mission and delight. Thank you again for remembering our May 15th deadline.

            Guidelines are enclosed, and for more information please go to our website at: www.dancingpoetry.com
            Presentations will be held at the California Palace of the Legion of Honor in San Francisco, California, at the 19thannual Dancing Poetry Festival on September 8, 2012.

            Again, thank you again for your continuing poetic interest and consideration.

            Sincerely,
            Natica Angilly, Dancing Poetry Festival, Artistic Director

            Prizes: Grand Prize: Three Grand Prize winning poems will be premiered as a Poetic Dance Theater performance: The Poetic Dance Theater Company (America=s premier poetry and dance in unity - international theater and traveling company) will transform the poem into a unified art form of poetry working together with dance. Each Grand Prize winning author reads their work as prelude to the poetic dance presentation. Each will also receive a DVD of their performance, $100 each, and on stage recognition and pictures.
            First Prize: Six poets are invited to present their winning work and will receive $50 each.
            Second Prize: Twelve poets are invited to read their winning work and receive $25 each
            Third Prize: Thirty poets are invited to read their winning work and receive $10 each
            ALL Winners are invited to read their work at the San Francisco 19th annual Dancing Poetry Festival at the California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, CA, on September 8, 2012.

            SUBMISSION RULES Line Limit: 40 lines maximum each poem. No limit on number of entries. Send TWO typed, clear copies of each entry. Show name, address, telephone number, e-mail, and how you heard about us on ONE copy only (The anonymous copy goes to the judges.) (Judges Decisions are final.) Poems must be in English or include English translation,
            *No poems will be returned*
            Entry Fee: One poem for $5, or 3 poems for $10.
            Make checks out to Artists Embassy International. Send all entries and fees, postmarked by May 15, 2012, to:AEI Contest Chair, Judy Cheung, 704 Brigham Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95404.

            Winning a grand prize includes your permission for Artists Embassy International to publish your poem in print or on-line with your credits for publicity involving the Dancing Poetry Festival. All other rights remain with the author. Judges are members of AEI and represent poets, dancers, artists, and musicians with international credits. Winners will be announced by August 1, 2012, on our website: www.dancingpoetry.com

            Please look at photos of past Festivals to see the vast diversity of poetry and dance presented each year
            We look forward to seeing your work.
            Thank you for considering our request to present your poetry as something to dance about!