call for submissions: Redactions

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 14, 2012
      Redactions seeks PROSE and poetry submissions.

      "Redactions: Poetry & Poetics" is now "Redactions: Poetry, Poetics, & Prose" and we now accept creative non-fiction and fiction, especially flash fiction. We still accept poems.

      For full guidelines, please visit:

      http://redactions.com/submission-and-ordering.asp

      Brief guidelines:

      Prose Submissions:
      To submit fiction, flash fiction, or creative non-fiction to "Redactions: Poetry, Poetics, & Prose," please email us at <redactionsPROSE(at)yahoo.com> (replace (at) with @)
      and attach one prose piece that is 2500 words or fewer as a Word, Wordpad, PDF, or Notepad document or paste the submission in the body of the email. Please include a brief bio & your snail mail address. We accept simultaneous ­submissions, but we do not accept previously published work.

      Poetry Submissions:
      To submit poems to "Redactions: Poetry, Poetics, & Prose," please email us at
      <redactionsPOETRY(at)yahoo.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail)

      and attach a submission of 3-5 poems into one Word, Wordpad, PDF, or Notepad document or paste the submission in the body of the email. Please include a brief bio & your snail mail address. We accept ­simultaneous submissions, but we do not accept previously published work.

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 18, 2013
        "Redactions: Poetry, Poetics, & Prose" seeks poetry and fiction submissions.

        Submissions in General:
        Redactions: Poetry, Poetics, & Prose seeks submissions from everyone of every gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.

        Please include a brief bio & your snail mail address. We only accept submissions through email. We accept simultaneous submissions, but we do not accept previously published work. We prefer Word attachments. We try to read submissions throughout the whole year, & we generally respond in about two months (a bit longer in the summer). All rights to published work(s) revert back to the author. (Please mention first publication in Redactions: Poetry, Poetics, & Prose if the work is reprinted.)

        Poetry Submissions:
        To submit poems to Redactions: Poetry, Poetics, & Prose, please email us at

        redactionsPOETRYATyahooDOTcom

        and attach a submission of 3-5 poems into one Word, Wordpad, PDF, or Notepad document (or something we can open) or place the submission in the body of the email.

        Prose Submissions:
        To submit fiction, flash fiction, or creative non-fiction to Redactions: Poetry, Poetics, & Prose, please email us at

        redactionsPROSEATyahooDOTcom

        and attach one prose piece that is 2500 words or fewer as a Word, Wordpad, PDF, or Notepad document (or something we can open) or paste the submission in the body of the email. You may submit up to three flash fictions at once, but please include them in one document or paste them into the body of the email.

        For complete submission guidelines, see:

        http://redactions.com/submission-and-ordering.asp

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 23, 2013

          Call for Submissions to Celebrate 100 Years of BLAST

          July 2, 2014, will be the 100th anniversary of BLAST, that “great MAGENTA cover’d opusculus” of the Vorticists.Redactions: Poetry, Poetics, & Prose will celebrate the 100th anniversary in Redactions issue 18, due out in time for the 100th birthday of BLAST. We are looking for people to participate in this celebration.

          Redactions is asking for Vorticist poems, stories, short essays (500-1000 words or fewer) about BLAST, Vorticism, a specific Vorticist, or how BLAST or Vorticism affected you, etc. If you have anything you would like to contribute, please email a piece of writing as an attachment to redactionspoetry(at)yahoo.com between September 15, 2013, and January 15, 2014. Be sure “BLAST” appears in the subject line.

          We are also looking for non-themed poetry, fiction, and creative non-fiction submissions. Send poetry submissions, essays on poetry, and poetry book reviews to redactionsPOETRYATyahooDOTcom. Send prose submissions to redactionsPROSEATyahooDOTcom.

          For more information about Redactions: Poetry, Poetics, & Prose, visit: www.redactions.com

          Please share with your Vorticist friends.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 10, 2014
            Redactions: Poetry, Poetics, & Prose will close to all submissions on
            February 16 and will not reopen to submissions until July 2.

            All submissions sent during that time will be deleted.

            For submission guidelines
            see: http://redactions.com/submission-and-ordering.asp
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2014

              Redactions is open to submissions, again. We are looking for poems, fiction, and creative non-fiction. Please see our submission guidelines (http://redactions.com/submission-and-ordering.asp) to ensure you submit your work to the proper editor and email address. Please submit 3-5 poems or fiction and creative non-fiction under 2500 words.

              Poetry and poetry-related work: redactionspoetry(at)yahoo.com
              Fiction and creative non-fiction: redactionsprose(at)yahoo.com

              We would especially like to receive more submissions from women and people of color.