call for submissions: Temenos

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2012
      Call for Submissions: Temenos Spring Special Edition

      Temenos Journal is looking for submissions for the Spring 2012 special print edition. We are looking for poetry, fiction, non-fiction and artwork produced or inspired by African or African American culture, concepts, literature, heritage, etc.

      This semester's special edition will be to support The Divine Mercy of God Hospital project, which was born out of a vision to serve the poor rural area of Nnarambia Ahiara, Mbaise in Imo State, Nigeria. The hospital will mainly focus on offering affordable, quality healthcare services, lowering the community's infant mortality rate, and immunizing the community against devastating, but preventable, diseases such as tuberculosis and meningitis. All of the proceeds raised will go toward the completion of this hospital.

      Authors included in this edition will be invited to attend the launch reception and reading on April 20, 2012 at Central Michigan University.
      Send Submissions via our submissions management system (temenos.submishmash.com)
      Please include a brief cover letter, contact information, and a brief third person bio. All documents must be submitted as .doc, .rtf or .jpg attachments (not .docx), and be accompanied by a $6 submission fee.

      Deadline for submissions: March 9, 2012
      We encourage additional donations. For more info, email <temenoscmu(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @).