fiction contest: Kenyon Review

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2012
      The Kenyon Review is now accepting submissions for the fifth annual
      Kenyon Review Short Fiction Contest through February 29, 2012. The
      contest is open to all writers who have not yet published a book of
      fiction. Submissions must be 1,200 words or less to qualify for the
      contest. Nancy Zafris, former KR Fiction Editor and currently editor
      of the Flannery O’Connor Award for Short Fiction book series, will be
      the final judge.

      Guidelines: http://www.kenyonreview.org/contests/short-fiction/

      Submissions portal: http://thekenyonreview.submishmash.com/submit

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2014
        2014 Guidelines

        Welcome to the 2014 Kenyon Review Short Fiction Contest!
        http://www.kenyonreview.org/contests/short-fiction/
        https://thekenyonreview.submittable.com/submit/79fe80e3-391a-4c22-acff-9d050998f81d

        For the first time, after great debate and serious consideration, we
        are requiring an entry fee of $18. Last year entries leapt nearly 200%,
        all but overwhelming our small band of readers. In order to keep the
        contest alive, therefore, we decided to institute a fee. So for the
        price of a one-year subscription to The Kenyon Review–and it’s a
        discounted price–you will receive four superb issues of KR plus the
        chance to submit a piece of short fiction to this contest. We hope
        you’ll do so! As always, regular submissions to The Kenyon Review will
        require no fee and are welcome between September 15th and January 15th
        each year.

        The contest is open to all writers who have not yet published a book of
        fiction. Submissions must be 1200 words or fewer. Katharine Weber, the
        Richard L. Thomas Chair in Creative Writing at Kenyon College and
        author of five critically-acclaimed novels, including Triangle and True
        Confections, will be the final judge. The Kenyon Review will publish
        the winning short story in the Winter 2015 issue, and the author will
        be awarded a scholarship to attend the 2014 Writers Workshop, June
        14th-21st, in Gambier, Ohio. Additional info on the Writers Workshop is
        available here.

        Submission Guidelines

        Writers must not have published a book of fiction at the time of
        submission. (We define a “published book of fiction” as a novel,
        novella or short story collection written by you and published by
        someone other than you in print, on the web, or in ebook format.)
        Stories must be no more than 1200 words in length.
        One submission per entrant.
        Please do not simultaneously submit your contest entry to another
        magazine or contest.
        Please do not submit work that has been previously published.
        The submissions link will be active February 1st to March 1st. All work
        must be submitted through our electronic system. We cannot accept paper
        submissions.
        The $18 entry fee will be collected at the time of submission. Your new
        subscription to The Kenyon Review will start with the Spring 2014
        issue. Current subscribers will receive a one-year extension on their
        current subscription.
        Winners will be announced in the late spring. You will receive an
        e-mail notifying you of any decisions regarding your work.