fiction position: Colby College

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2012
      English - Position in Fiction Writing
      Date: 01/05/2012

      Position in Fiction Writing starting September 2012 to teach 1-3
      sections of Introduction to Fiction (English 278). Applicants must
      have a MFA or equivalent, publication, and evidence of teaching
      effectiveness at the college level. To apply, please send cover
      letter, C.V., three letters of recommendation, statement of teaching
      philosophy and research interests to

      Adrian Blevins, Director
      Program in Creative Writing
      <englishfictionsearch(at)colby.edu> (replace (at) with @)
      or
      Department of English
      5250 Mayflower Hill
      Colby College
      Waterville, ME 04901

      Review of applications will begin on February 15, 2012.

      Colby is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed
      to excellence through diversity, and strongly encourages applications
      and nominations of persons of color, women, and members of other
      under-represented groups.

      For more information about the College, please visit the Colby web
      site: www.colby.edu
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 21, 2016

        Subject: fiction position: Colby College

        We invite applications for a tenured/tenure track position in creative writing, rank open. We seek a passionate teacher and writer of fiction to join a thriving English major with concentrations in creative writing for both majors and minors. The program sponsors a vibrant visiting writers series, community readings, and the Kristina Stahl Writer-in-Residence Program. We support students who edit two literary magazines and who engage actively in service learning and interdisciplinary partnerships. Our students benefit from an innovative curriculum with such offerings as short forms, documentary radio and environmental writing. Colby is a highly selective liberal arts college recognized for excellence in undergraduate education and close student-faculty interaction. We are especially interested in candidates who, through their creative activity, teaching and service will promote diversity at Colby.

        For this open rank position we seek a fiction writer with demonstrated teaching excellence and strong publications. Teaching responsibilities will include fiction workshops and one W1 writing-intensive course for first-year students. We also encourage innovative offerings. Applicants must have a M.F.A; M.F.A./PhDs. are also welcome. For further information contact Professor Mary Ellis Gibson, Chair, Department of English. Mary.Ellis.GibsonATcolbyDOTedu

        To apply, please submit applications through Interfolio: apply.interfolio.com/37614. Include cover letter, CV, three letters of recommendation, statement of teaching philosophy, description of creative interests, and a writing sample of approximately 25 pages.

        Review of materials will begin on November 1, 2016 and continue until the position is filled.

        Application Information

        Contact:
        Colby College
        Online App. Form: