literary contest: Prairie Gate Literary Festival
- Announcing the Second Annual Prairie Gate Literary Festival Literary Contest
2012 marks the second annual Prairie Gate Literary Festival at the University of Minnesota Morris, and with it, the second annual Prairie Gate Literary Festival Contest.
A staged reading of the winning entry by the University of Minnesota Morris's Meiningens Student Theater Group at the second annual Prairie Gate Literary Festival, the evening of Saturday, March 31, and free registration for the festival workshops.
Open to all genres. Please note, though, that in addition to literary merit, a prime consideration in selecting a winner will be that the piece is stage-able within a 10-12 minute time period. Please keep this in mind as you are selecting pieces for submission.
Entry fee: $5 per entry. Please make checks payable to UMM. Please do not send cash.
Selection of the winning piece will be made by members of the Prairie Gate Literary Festival planning committee.
Deadline for submission
Postmark February 10, 2012
· Please number your pages.
· Submission must include 3 copies of the submitted piece.
· Include the title of the piece each copy and on each numbered page.
· Do not include your name on any of the copies.
· Please include a single cover letter that includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and the title of your submission.
Contest results will be announced via e-mail. If you do not have an e-mail address, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) with your submission for contest results.
Send 3 copies of your entry to:
Prairie Gate Literary Festival Contest
c/o English Discipline
University of Minnesota Morris
600 E. 4th St.
Morris, MN 56267
You may also drop off your submission in the Humanities Division Office, University of Minnesota before 4:30 p.m. on February 10, 2012.
Submissions will not be returned.
For more information about the Festival: www.morris.umn.edu/prairiegate/
Questions? Please e-mail <litfest(at)morris.umn.edu> (replace (at) with @ in sending email)