audio literary contest: Missouri Review

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2012
      Announcing The Missouri Review's 5th annual Audio Competition: new and improved!

      No set entry fee! That's right; this year, in order to grow our contest, we've decided to make entry fees (normally $20) available as pay-by-donation. A donation in any amount buys entry to the contest PLUS a one-year digital subscription to The Missouri Review.

      We're awarding three prizes of $1,000: one to the first-place winner in each category (poetry, prose, and audio documentary). All winners will be featured on the recently redesigned Missouri Review website. Plus, winning entries will be published through iTunes as part of TMR's podcast series. Runners up will also receive cash prizes and have their work featured.

      This year, for your convenience, we're accepting entries by mail and by email, and payments can be made by mail or online.

      Finally, we're happy to announce that Julie Shapiro of the Third Coast International Audio Festival will be serving as this year's guest judge.

      For more information, or to submit an entry, please visit our website:

      http://www.missourireview.com/audiovisual/submissions/

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2012
        Missouri Review's Audio-Literary Competition

        Just 10 days left to enter The Missouri Review's Audio Competition. Prizes will be awarded to recorded poems, prose, and audio documentaries on any subject. The winner of each category wins $1,000 and publication on The Missouri Review's website and iTunes podcast series. Recording your work is easy: all you need is a computer, microphone, and free recording software like GarageBand.

        Entry fees are now payable-by-donation. Your entry fee (of any amount) also includes a one-year, digital subscription to The Missouri Review.

        For full information, or to enter online, please visit our guidelines
        at

        http://www.missourireview.com/audiovisual/submissions/

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 12, 2012
          Audio Contest Deadline Extended!

          The Missouri Review had decided to extend the deadline for the 2012 Audio Competition by an additional week. The transition to an online submission system and our pay-by-donation entry fee caused some technical problems early on, so to make up for lost time, entries are now due—postmarked or emailed to TMR—no later than Thursday, March 22nd.

          The Audio Competition offers prizes of $1,000 in each of three categories: poetry, prose, and audio documentary. All entrants receive a one-year, digital subscription to The Missouri Review. For full guidelines, please visit our website:

          http://www.missourireview.com/audiovisual/submissions/