call for submissions: Silent Revelations Press

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2012
      Silent Revelations Press is currently accepting submissions until March 31, 2012. Our primary focus, is to publish the stories, poems and plays which often go untold, in particular, the topics we find the hardest to discuss in everyday life. We want our writers to consider the “silences” by questioning, probing, and displaying those issues from a unique perspective or point of view. Please check out our website at www.silentrevelationspress.com or email us at
      <SilentRevelationsPress(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @ when sending e-mail) for more information.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27, 2012
        A NEW SUBMISSION OPPORTUNITY:

        As with any writing or publishing adventure, our original idea’s surrounding how and what we would publish, our main goal, and theme have altered unintentionally from our original inception. For us here at Silent Revelations Press, we found that the further we moved through our first submission process, the more we began to realize that people needed a voice to express their experiences or observations, while offering strength, hope and insight into the struggles many of us face on a daily bases.

        Sadly, most of us feel confined by the issues we face. We feel like we are the only ones, when in reality, we are not. Change starts with awareness. Awareness brings about new ideas, a sense of togetherness, an end to the isolation and the ability to fight for the common cause. Most importantly, our voices have the ability to stop the silences that threaten to consume us all, if we allow ourselves to remain silent. The bottom line is that we realized Silent Revelations Press, wants to promote change and awareness creatively in a feminist type fashion.

        We still seek to publish original works from authors, poets, and playwrights. Our primary focus will continue to be publishing the stories, poems and plays which often go untold, in particular, the topics we find the hardest to discuss in everyday life. We want our writers to consider the "silences" by questioning, probing, and displaying those issues from a unique perspective or point of view while maintaining an anti-oppressive approach.

        Really, we are open to any great story, but a story that gets to the raw meat of an issue, maybe sheds light on the human condition, or makes us question who we are as individuals, will be the stories, poems and plays, that drive this journal to online publication.

        Our second submission period will take place: May 1st, 2012 through July 31st, 2012. We have also lowered our submission fee to $2.00. We will be accepting non-fiction, fiction, poetry and drama submissions. Also, during this round of submissions, we will be giving all those who submit to our press, a complimentary first edition of Silent Revelations Press. You will receive your copy upon our receipt of your submission, with our submission manager. Please allow 24 hours from the time of submission to receive your .pdf version. The complimentary edition will be sent to the email address you provide within your submission.

        For the time being, we plan to publish exclusively online. Please see our submissions page for more information regarding that process:

        http://www.silentrevelationspress.com/submissions-guidelines/

        Or our homepage at: http://www.silentrevelationspress.com

        We thank you for your support in this endeavor.

        Sincerely,

        Heidi Sampson - Editor
        Silent Revelations Press