poetry book contests: Trio House Press

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 9, 2012
      Trio House Press gives two awards annually: the Trio Award for First or Second Book for emerging poets, and the Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence for a book of poems contributing in an innovative and distinct way to American poetry. The Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence is open to all poets, regardless of publication history. Each award winner receives $1000 and twenty copies of his or her book. Additionally, each winner must serve as a Collective Member of Trio House Press for twenty-four months after publication in order to assist with the press and bringing more Trio books into print. Our reading period for both awards is November 1st through April 30th. Manuscripts received outside of this reading period will not be considered. Our submissions fee is $25 per manuscript for all award reading periods.
      We are an environmentally conscious press and only accept manuscripts through our online submissions manager on our web page.
      Michael Waters is the 2012 judge for the Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence and Ross Gay is the 2012 judge for the Trio Award for First of Second Book of poems. For their bio information and to submit visit our website at www.triohousepress.org
      Guidelines for Trio House Submissions
      · The Trio Award for First or Second Book is only open to poets with less than two books published.
      · The Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence is open to ALL poets, regardless of publication history.
      · Manuscripts must be between 48-70 pages, written in English by a poet residing within the U.S.
      · Translations are not eligible for publication.
      · Manuscripts must be sent in a single word doc. or docx. file.
      · Include a cover letter with your bio as the first page of your file.
      · Include an acknowledgement page of individual poems published. The manuscript as a whole must not be previously published.
      · Include two cover pages, one with the title of your manuscript and your name and contact information, and one with only the title of your manuscript. Your name or other identifying materials must not appear anywhere else upon your manuscript.
      · Payment of $25 is required for all submissions during our award submissions period.
      · Multiple award submissions are accepted as long as a $25 fee accompanies each award submission.
      · Simultaneous submissions are accepted as long as we are notified immediately if your manuscript is chosen elsewhere.
      · Relatives and current or former students of the judge are not eligible for awards or publication during our contest submissions period.
      · No edits can be made to manuscripts after you submit your manuscript. However, if chosen for award or publication, edits can be made prior to final proofs.
      · All award winners and poets published must serve as a Collective Member of Trio House Press for twenty-four months after publication. They must assist with the press and bringing more Trio books into print. They must work on the Production and Design Committee, the Distribution and Sales Committee, the Educational Development Committee, or the Fundraising and Marketing Committee.
      · For more information about our press visit www.triohousepress.org

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 27, 2012
          TRIO HOUSE PRESS POETRY BOOK AWARDS SUBMISSION PERIOD IS NOW OPEN

          Trio House Press gives two awards annually: the Trio Award for First or Second Book for emerging poets, and the Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence for a book of poems contributing in an innovative and distinct way to American poetry.

          The Trio Award for First or Second Book includes $1,000, publication, and twenty books. The Trio Award for First or Second Book is only open to poets with less than two books published.

          The Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence includes $1,000, publication, and twenty books. The Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence is open to ALL poets, regardless of publication history.

          Click on the following link for judges and complete guidelines: http://www.triohousepress.org/submissions.html

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 30, 2014
[...]

            Carol Frost is the 2014 judge for the Louise Bogan Award for Artistic
            Merit and Excellence and Peter Campion is the 2014 judge for the Trio
            Award for First of Second Book of poems.  For their bio information and
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 7, 2014

              www.triohousepress.org

              Carol Frost is the 2014 judge for the Louise Bogan Award for Artistic
              Merit and Excellence and Peter Campion is the 2014 judge for the Trio
              Award for First of Second Book of poems.  For their bio information and
              to submit, visit our website at www.triohousepress.orgGuidelines for
              Trio House Submissions·         The Trio Award for First or Second Book
              is only open to poets with less than two books published.·         The
              Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence is open to ALL
              poets, regardless of publication history.·         Manuscripts must be
              between 48-70 pages, written in English by a poet residing within the
              U.S.·         Translations are not eligible for
              publication.·         Manuscripts must be sent in a single word doc. or
              docx. file.·         Include a cover letter with your bio as the first
              page of your file.·         Include an acknowledgment page of

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 26, 2014

[...]

                Kimiko Hahn is the 2014 judge for the Louise Bogan Award for Artistic Merit and Excellence and Neil Shepard is the 2014 judge for the Trio Award for First of Second Book of poems.  For their bio information and to submit, visit our website at www.triohousepress.org