literary contests: A River & Sound Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2011
      A River & Sound Review, an online journal and live entertainment show that balances a high bar on its lowbrow, is extending our contest submissions until December 18th. All finalists will receive special recognition and winners will receive a $500 prize, be published in the Winter 2011 issue of RSR, and be featured on a future RSR Live! podcast.

      We hold two writing contests a year, The Duckabush Prize for Poetry and The Nisqually Prize for Fiction. Length of manuscripts and subject requirements for each category are the same as for our regular submissions. All contest submissions ($10/submission) are considered for inclusion in our review as well. Judges for our 2011 Contests are multi-genre writer Lia Purpura, award-winning author of the book of poems "King Baby," and Kent Meyers (Fiction), award-winning author of the novel "Twisted Tree."

      For more details, please visit us at www.riverandsoundreview.org