call for submissions: Mandala Journal

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2011
      Mandala Journal is open for poetry, nonfiction, fiction, and art submissions from October 15 through February 15 this year. We only accept submissions that are relevant to the theme, follow the guidelines, and are emailed during the open submissions period. Mandala Journal celebrates diversity, and we publish diverse voices, aesthetics, and experiences. We highly recommend that you read the current and archived issues before submitting. The theme for the upcoming issue is Exodus. Please visit the website for more information on the theme.

      http://mandala.uga.edu/

      Mandala Journal is open for poetry, nonfiction, fiction, and art submissions from October 15 through February 15 this year. Please refer to the submission guidelines on our website for information about this year's theme.

      We celebrate diversity, and we publish diverse voices, aesthetics, and experiences. We publish work that moves us and makes us think. We want work that makes us wish we'd created it ourselves. We highly recommend that you read the current and archived issues before submitting.

      When we read your work, we ask:
      1) Is the piece amazing, and by what criteria?
      2) Does it fit the issue's theme?
      3) Is it in keeping with the journal's mission statement (found in the About Us section of the website)?
      4) Will this work help us create a diverse collection that we are proud to publish?

      In your cover letter, please include a short bio. Simultaneous submissions are welcome with immediate notification of acceptance elsewhere. No previously published work, please. Note that we only accept one submission per author per genre during each reading period.

      By submitting your work, you are confirming that it is original and that you hold the exclusive copyright to it.

      We look forward to experiencing your work!