call for submissions: Arroyo Literary Review

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2011
      Arroyo Literary Review is an award-winning national magazine with a West Coast
      orientation. We are seeking fiction, flash fiction, poetry, essays, and translation
      for our fifth issue. Open reading period from December to May 31st. No
      email submissions. Please see our website for submission guidelines:
      http://www.arroyoliteraryreview.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 19, 2012
        Arroyo Literary Review is a print-based publication produced annually by students and alumni of California State University, East Bay. Each issue reflects the creative diversity found in the San Francisco Bay Area literary scene, while bringing together material from an international array of poets, writers, and artists.

        Arroyo began with an investigation: faculty and students sought to establish a magazine capturing the spirit and diverse voices of the Bay Area while attracting writers from across the country and a national readership. What they discovered, however, was a void. Bigger presses seemed to ignore the dynamics of California culture, while smaller presses had predicated themselves on niches. With the opportunity presenting itself, those same students built the school’s first literary magazine from the ground up, eventually releasing the premiere issue in Spring of 2009.

        Since then, that tradition of motivation and commitment has been passed on to each proceeding incarnation of the review. The editorial staff remains dedicated to showcasing both new and established writers from the West Coast and beyond, hoping to connect the magazine’s audience with the unique qualities that make the Bay Area literary and art scene so special.

        We are seeking fiction, flash fiction, poetry, essays, and translation for our sixth issue. Open reading period from December 1 to May 31. No e-mail submissions. Please see our website for submission guidelines:http://www.arroyoliteraryreview.com