fiction contest: Yemassee

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2011
      William Richey Short Fiction Contest
      Contest Deadline Now Extended to Dec. 1
      http://yemassee.submishmash.com/submit

      Cash prize: $1000 for the winner

      Two $100 prizes will be awarded to runners-up
      Additional finalists will be listed in issue and on website
      All entries will be considered for publication

      Featuring Guest Judge:
      George Singleton

      Entering the contest
      You may submit an unpublished story or novel excerpt of up to 10,000 words in length with an entry fee of $10. Please double-space and include page numbers on all entries. Make sure to include your name, contact information, and title only on a separate cover letter. Include the title of the work on every page of the manuscript. Your name or any other personal information must not appear on the manuscript. NO MANUSCRIPTS WILL BE RETURNED.

      Deadline for submissions is November 15th, and winners will be announced on our website.

      Entries can be submitted either online at http://yemassee.submishmash.com/ or mailed to
      Yemassee
      William Richey Short Fiction Contest
      Department of English
      University of South Carolina
      Columbia, SC. 29208

      Check must be made payable to: Educational Foundation/English Literary Magazine Fund.

      More Details:
      Mailed manuscripts must be typed and accompanied by an SASE, and page numbers should be included on all pages. We do not accept published works or works that have been accepted for publication elsewhere. While we do allow simultaneous submissions, please notify us that the entry is being simultaneously submitted elsewhere. Note that no refunds will be issued for submissions that are withdrawn. We also allow multiple submissions in the contest, with a separate reading fee and SASE for each entry.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2012
        The 2012 William Richey Short Fiction Contest
        https://yemassee.submittable.com/submit
        $1,000 prize. 10 finalists. $10 to play.

        Contest Details

        Matt Bell will serve as judge for Yemassee's 2012 William Richey Short Fiction Contest, now accepting entries. The author of the winning story will receive $1,000 and publication in Yemassee. Yemassee will also publish stories by two runners-up, along with a list of ten finalists.

        Submission Details

        To enter, submit one piece of unpublished fiction of up to 10,000 words. An entry fee of $10 must accompany each entry. All submissions should be double-spaced. Story title and page numbers should appear on each page, but the author's name should not appear anywhere within the entry. All entries must be submitted through
        https://yemassee.submittable.com/submit
        . We welcome multiple story submissions; each story should be entered separately and will require its own entry fee. All entries must be submitted by the November 15th deadline. Winner and finalists will be announced on our website, and all entries will be considered for publication.
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 26, 2012
          The 2012 William Richey Short Fiction Contest
          http://yemasseejournalonline.org/submissions/

          $1,000 prize. 10 finalists. $10 to play.

          Contest Details

          $10 for a chance at $1000.

          Matt Bell will serve as judge for Yemassee's 2012 William Richey Short Fiction Contest, now accepting entries. The author of the winning story will receive $1,000 and publication in Yemassee. Yemassee will also publish stories by two runners-up, along with a list of ten finalists.

          Deadline: December 15, 2012

          Submission Details

          https://yemassee.submittable.com/submit

          To enter, submit one piece of unpublished fiction of up to 10,000 words. An entry fee of $10 must accompany each entry. All submissions should be double-spaced. Story title and page numbers should appear on each page, but the author's name should not appear anywhere within the entry. All entries must be submitted through Submishmash. We welcome multiple story submissions; each story should be entered separately and will require its own entry fee. All entries must be submitted by the December 15th deadline. Winner and finalists will be announced on our website, and all entries will be considered for publication.

          Visit www.yemasseejournalonline.org for more information and complete guidelines.
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 10, 2013

            Contest: Yemassee 2013 Short Fiction Prize

            Announcing Yemassee's 2013 William Richey Short Fiction Contest. This year our judge will be acclaimed novelist Emily St. John Mandel. The winning story will receive $500 and publication. We will also publish the two-runner up stories along with a list of ten finalists. The entry fee is $10 and the deadline is November 22nd.
            For more information check out our website: http://yemasseejournalonline.org/