fiction contest: Folio

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2011
      Folio Announces 2011/2012 Fiction Contest
      After our wildly successful poetry contest last year, judged by award-winning poet Naomi Shihab Nye, Folio is proud to announce its 2011/2012 Fiction Contest which will be judged by the acclaimed short fiction writer Alan Heathcock.
      Alan Heathcock is the author of the recent collection of stories, VOLT (Greywolf, 2011), which was a New York Times Editor’s Choice selection. His short fiction has appeared in top magazines and literary journals including Zoetrope, VQR, andHarvard Review, to name a few.
      The Postmark Deadline is March 5, 2012 for all entries. Reading fee is $15 (checks payable to FOLIO), which includes a year-subscription. The winner of our contest will receive $500 and publication in the Spring 2012 issue of Folio. Our judge, Alan Heathcock, will also select two honorable mentions that will each receive $150. All cover sheets must include name, address, phone number, email address, and title. Entrant’s name should appear ONLY on the cover sheet. Short stories must be 5,000 words maximum and double-spaced. Multiple entries are okay, as long as a separate reading fee is included with each entry. Folio cannot consider work from anyone currently or recently affiliated with American University.
      All entries must accompany a SASE. SEND ENTRIES TO: 2012 Fiction Contest, FOLIO, Department of Literature, American University, Washington, DC 20016.