holiday writing contest (no fee): Ramsfield Press
Holiday Writing Contest
1. Write a short piece about a year end holiday celebration. It can be Christmas, Thanksgiving,
Chaunakkah, Kwanza, New Year's, the Soltice, or whatever holiday you celebrate.
2. The length should be between 1,000 and 2,500 words.
3. If you have a specific reading demographic in mind (YA, Children, etc.), please indicate it.
4. Proofread thoroughly.
5. Post your story to your Google Docs account with permission to share with <moserbill37(at)gmail.com> .
6. Include only the title and the number of words on the title page.
7. On the last page include your name, a statement that this is your own work, and a bio of no more than 75 words. You may wish to include previous publications, your hometown, your background, your secret fantasy (no longer a secret, of course), or your answer to any specious Miss America Question you prefer.
8. Winners are the sole decision of the judges, although all judging of entries will be blind. If the judges deem it appropriate, there may be no contest winner. That is very unlikely, however.
9. There is no entry fee for this contest.
10. The prize for the winner of this contest is $25 and publication on this website.
11. You may submit as many entries as you wish, but make sure they are thoughtful.
12. All entries must be received by December 19, 2011. Publication of the winner will be shortly after the contest ends, toward the end of December. NB: This is an earlier date than for previous contests.
13. This contest is sponsored by an anonymous donor, the spirit of giving, and the letter A and the number 2.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]