poetry contest: Bellday Poetry Prize
- BELLDAY POETRY PRIZE
$2,000 PRIZE TO WINNING POET
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: MARCH 15, 2012
CONTEST FINAL JUDGE: RAE ARMANTROUT
Rae Armantrout has published 10 books of poetry, including her most
recent book, Money Shot (2011), and Versed (2009), which won the 2010
Pulitzer Prize in Poetry and the 2009 National Book Critics Circle
Award. Her work is widely anthologized and appears in Postmodern
American Poetry, several editions of Best American Poetry, and The
Oxford Book of American Poetry (2006). She is a professor of poetry
and poetics at the University of California, San Diego.
Bellday Books will publish the winning book and award $2,000 and 25
copies of the book to the winning author.
- Submit a manuscript of 60-90 pages of original poetry in any style
in English. The
manuscript must not have been published in book or chapbook, but may
contain poems that have appeared in print or on the Internet. Entries
may consist of individual poems, a book-length poem or any combination
of long or short poems.
- Submitted manuscript must contain 2 title pages: Name and contact
information should appear on first title page only. Name should not
appear anywhere else in the manuscript.
- Include a table of contents page, but do not send an acknowledgments page.
- Manuscript must be typed single-spaced, paginated and bound with a
- Enclose an SASE for announcement of the winner. Manuscripts cannot
- Postmark deadline: March 15, 2012.
- Include a check or money order for $25 reading fee, payable to BELLDAY BOOKS.
- Bellday Books reserves the right not to select an award winner, in
which case all reading fees will be refunded.
CONTEST MAILING ADDRESS
Bellday Books, Inc.
P.O. Box 3687
Pittsburgh, PA 15230
Questions may be directed to: <office(at)belldaybooks.com> (replace (at) with @)
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]