call for submissions: First Inkling

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2011
      First Inkling is an international print and online literary magazine dedicated
      to publishing the most talented student authors in the English language. We are
      excited to announce that our Inaugural 2012 Issue debuted on October 27th, 2011.

      We would like to invite students from the US and around the world, working
      towards any degree, to submit original compositions for consideration for
      publication in our 2013 issue of First Inkling.

      First Inkling offers incredible opportunities for talented student authors. We
      will distribute the magazine to an international literary and university
      audience, where we expect it will be reviewed by publishers, editors, and
      literary agents. In addition, all works published in First Inkling will be
      entered in the Associated Collegiate Press Pacemaker competition. As you know,
      the Pacemakers are the Pulitzer Prize of student journalism. The submission will
      also be eligible for a prestigious Sammy Award (The Sam Draper Award for
      Literary Excellence)—which includes a $750.00 cash prize in each genre.

      We are highly selective, and competition is fierce, but I have no doubt in the
      quality of writing at your campus. Submissions must not exceed 25 typeset
      pages, and must fall into one of the following genres: short story, poem,
      graphic (i.e., comic) short, one-act play, or drama. Submissions must be
      received by September 1st, 2012.

      Please go to
      http://www.firstinkling.com
      to submit. Thank you.